Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

God's cop has met his maker

tim

EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)
The fact that James Anderton died in the 5 May totally passed me by. Given that he was such a figure if hate back in the 80s and that he carried on living so long after, I thought he was worth a thread. I hope the way contemporary society has turned out made his last couple of decades miserable. Or that he saw the Light and became a better man.

There's a short article in Private Eye about his friendship with and protection of Cyril Smith.

Last edited:
It was in 1986 that he made his remarks about Aids and gay people, claiming that he was channelling God when he spoke – and later telling a BBC interviewer that “if Jesus were here today, he may well have spoken in terms similar to the ones I used”. There was a huge backlash, which he dismissed as the response of “moral lepers”. However, the furore did not halt his passage to the presidency of the Association of Chief Police Officers

Funny how these godly types love going on about moral degeneration, and then it turns out that they protect rapists and other scum.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom