Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glaswegians block immigration raid on their neighbours

hitmouse what are they being prosecuted for, that's outrageous
Not 100% sure, haven't seen much in the way of a defence campaign or any publicity beyond that one tweet. Found a Glasgow Times article from the time of the original arrests says "alleged public order offenses":

Not 100% sure, haven't seen much in the way of a defence campaign or any publicity beyond that one tweet. Found a Glasgow Times article from the time of the original arrests says "alleged public order offenses":
Yes, because being tackled to the ground 4 to 1 and then being restrained by police is now a public order offence, I suppose...

Police Scotland (Strathclyde) have a long history of not being great to be honest. Allegedly, of course.

For people who haven't been following it, Ashwin St is just off the main High Street. It's where all the food delivery people hang out waiting for their orders. The IWGB have been organising there.

Also for local context. Stoke Newington police station (once a byword for corruption/racism) is just up the road.
I know a guy socially from my local pub who used to be a sergeant at that police station back in the 70s. He sometimes waxes all nostalgic about his time there but tbh I sometimes wonder what he's seen. Perfectly nice guy btw.

For people who haven't been following it, Ashwin St is just off the main High Street. It's where all the food delivery people hang out waiting for their orders. The IWGB have been organising there.

This thread is worth a read. It would seem to have something to do with the delivery riders. Last tweet in the thread has a vid in which the police appear to be completely out of control:

E2a actually here it is:

Tbf, I think it can't hurt to crosspost in both, if people have the time to do so?
Sure. Just if people are hoping locals can turn up to something in a specific area, posting in the closest geographical thread is probably a good idea.

(For those unfamiliar with the geography, Latin Village is in Haringey but pretty close to quite a lot of us in Hackney and the ongoing Latin Village stuff has been discussed in the Hackney thread as we don't have a Haringey one. It's also where Haringey urbs tend to post about local stuff.)

Back
Top Bottom