Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glaswegians block immigration raid on their neighbours

One of the most amazing things was that when the word filtered back that they were being released, the crowd absolutely did not want to take the cops at their word. I felt hugely privileged to have been there to see that.

Cops: "You need to disperse so we can release the men".

Community:

The police have released the asylum seekers and are accompanying them to a local mosque for sanctuary.
I have released all the hostages I have taken today. Isn't it impressive how I never take hostages or assist with hostage-taking?
i might have something in my eye.
So how come Glasgow can get this brilliant thing together when other cities can't?
I mean, as others have said, other resistance to raids has happened elsewhere. But other than that, without wanting to deal in broad city-wide stereotypes too much, my instinctive response to your post was "I bet scousers could manage it."

Not sure why exactly but that bit, the guys thanking the crowd...it's really quite affecting. It's a feel good story that the public reacted this way. Fucking shameful that the raid happened at all mind you, much less on Eid.

I did a silly though. I read some comments in the BBC Facebook post about this. Fuck me, some people can be vile shitcunts. Proves it's worth dwelling on the best of human nature though, as exemplified by the weegies today.

It's a "bring it on" response. Glasgow sent you packing and will no doubt send you packing again.

Only major concern is the far right might start turning up at these demonstrations.

Good.

It's about time they were fronted like. That said, most of the time the knuckle draggers show in numbers, they turn and run anyway. Look at what happened when they tried it in Liverpool

Back
Top Bottom