Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Getting a tree preservation order

He can't cut it down without entering our property, I imagine that might dissuade him from a drastic course of action. Might...
People do it, when the owner is out or on holiday. If you're not there to actually call the police on them as they do it, the police are unlikely to care about it after the event. And people know that. Having said that, there's sod all you can do to stop them if they are that determined, so don't worry about it :D

He can't cut it down without entering our property, I imagine that might dissuade him from a drastic course of action. Might...

Watch that he doesn't try to kill it on his side to force the removal.

He can easily google "how to kill a tree"...

The surest way to kill a tree is to remove a ring if the bark on the trunk. It's not hard to do if you're determined.

Or if you're the kind of wanker who trains their weapon dog to lock on by getting it to attack trees, as has happened in my neighbourhood.

And speak to the owner saying you're getting your own survey done?

Have you asked for the drawings yet?

Meeting had. Civil tone. Not really agreeing on the matters at hand though. I didn't mention the TPO. It might be irrelevant anyway, as we're likely having a second survey done. If that also shows it's his tree then so be it. In which case I'll tell him about the TPO possibly coming and advise him to chop it down quick snap.

In fairness to him he offered to pay for a (much smaller) replacement tree. But he still wants the existing one down.

Meeting had. Civil tone. Not really agreeing on the matters at hand though. I didn't mention the TPO. It might be irrelevant anyway, as we're likely having a second survey done. If that also shows it's his tree then so be it. In which case I'll tell him about the TPO possibly coming and advise him to chop it down quick snap.

In fairness to him he offered to pay for a (much smaller) replacement tree. But he still wants the existing one down.

Oh. :( So the oak tree's survived hundreds of years only to be killed so he can make slightly more profit out of a shitty housing market. Humans are shit.

Watch that he doesn't try to kill it on his side to force the removal.

He can easily google "how to kill a tree"...

The surest way to kill a tree is to remove a ring if the bark on the trunk. It's not hard to do if you're determined.

Or if you're the kind of wanker who trains their weapon dog to lock on by getting it to attack trees, as has happened in my neighbourhood.

When I lived in Belgium the commune (council) would remove dead trees free but not living ones. The modus operandi of the thrifty Walloons was to drill a 20mm hole 45 deg down into the centre of the trunk and attach a hose to a bottle with about 1l of diesel in it. The tree dies in about a month.

Back
Top Bottom