Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General non league chat, match reports, photos etc

Worst kit clash ever! The ref actually started Truro City’s home game with Dorking Wanderers despite both teams wearing identical kit. Must admit I’m surprised Truro City didn’t have some of last season’s kit hanging around especially as they had three choices then.

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 25
Worst kit clash ever! The ref actually started Truro City’s home game with Dorking Wanderers despite both teams wearing identical kit. Must admit I’m surprised Truro City didn’t have some of last season’s kit hanging around especially as they had three choices then.
This is a classic example of what happens when clubs have stupid third kits. Dorking's home kit is Arsenal style red & white, as worn in the recent friendly against Hamlet. Their second kit is the blue & black stripes, as worn by the mascot in the photograph, which would have been fine here. Why do they even have the black & orange kit? Truro have worn all white at home for many years, so I guess that’s where the confusion may have occurred, but their home colours ought to be made clear in the league handbook, with which club officials ought to familiarise themselves.

We've had a few clashes at Champion Hill over the years, with visiting clubs turning up in mostly blue change kits, when there would have been no clash with their normal colours. I recall Windsor & Eton (usual colours all red with green trim) turning up in all navy with red trim around 20 years ago. Slate grey away kits for clubs who normally play in white or yellow is another stupid one that's happened more than once.

Sammy Moore departs yet another manager's position. That's Leatherhead, Concord Rangers, Hemel Hempstead, Potters Bar Town, Faversham Town, Hythe Town in a 7 years managerial career. The club has blocked replies to their message:

Or with the National Planning Policy Framework being reworked, the developers are hoping to be able to cram a few more flats in / for it to be easier (i.e. cheaper) to get through planning as shortly. We shall see.

I suspect a lot of planning applications will be placed on hold until the new NPPF is clear. Labour have made it clear they want it to be easier to build.

Or with the National Planning Policy Framework being reworked, the developers are hoping to be able to cram a few more flats in / for it to be easier (i.e. cheaper) to get through planning as shortly. We shall see.

I suspect a lot of planning applications will be placed on hold until the new NPPF is clear. Labour have made it clear they want it to be easier to build.

More crucially, Bexley Council owns the land and there's a clause in the lease forbidding residential development.

Anyone with access to The Athletic will find an interesting article on old Isthmian rivals Walton & Hersham.

An American has joined the consortium and set up Walton & Hersham America to run a free to play academy set up. (It's usually very expensive. I can't remember what it cost my nieces but it was crazy sums, they live in Seattle.) 1,300 kids already signed on and one earmarked to join the British club when old enough.

Back
Top Bottom