Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet 2024/25 Kits

Pink Panther

I'm a dinosaur and a traditionalist (but not the type who got a smacked botty at the polling station last night) but I really don't like this new kit, it's just not pink enough. It's going to be a bit rubbish under floodlights because it's simply too dark. The same design blue on pink (with navy shorts) would have been better.

Agree - not enough pink on the home, and whilst I get the concept and how we've tried to add some meaning to the design, I don't really know why we needed a new kit? No sponsor change. We just seem to be following the trend of 99% of clubs of making more money out of fans because we can and changing kits every season. There's nothing wrong with the stripes or quarters we've had on the previous couple of kits made by Hope + Glory. The quality of those have been excellent so assume will be as good (hope fan shirts have a proper embroided crest, not printed)

Think I like the blue GK kit best which seems to be the same shades of pink and blue as one of the shirts from late 80s or early 90s!

New kits - can see there being a lot of interest in the pink goalkeepers shirt.

Home kit simply doesn't have enough pink. Our colours are pink and blue, not blue with a hint of pink. I'm a dinosaur (not the type who got upset when Rees-Mogg and chums lost their seats last night) but even the same template in that away shirt would have been far better. A dark blue kit under floodlights is useless.

Home kit simply doesn't have enough pink. Our colours are pink and blue, not blue with a hint of pink. I'm a dinosaur (not the type who got upset when Rees-Mogg and chums lost their seats last night) but even the same template in that away shirt would have been far better. A dark blue kit under floodlights is useless.
Totally agree. We're the pink and blues, not the 'blue with tiny flashes of pink.'

That's the legend. Reputedly in honour of the Lloyd brothers, "who taught us how to play.' They reportedly went to those schools.

It's no secret Westminster school uses pink. Online photos show Dulwich College RUFC wearing dark-ish blue and black hoops so it's plausible. Pa also had close links with Dulwich College and may well have approved of nicking their colour.

Agreed. Nowhere near enough pink.

Who is Paul Hamilton? Why's he done this to us? I would follow the link on the news article, but it doesn't work.

Really losing enthusiasm for this season already.

While I like the idea behind the design the problem is that when the club puts out a shirt like that it very much looks like it’s a cash in. It’s the sort of thing a professional club comes up with in order to convince fans to part with more money in order to restock the club coffers. It’s seems to be halfway between an Arsenal shower curtains or Liverpool and some classy stuff like Walthamstow’s William Morris kit. I’m sure it will sell well among the more monied supporters though whether it will become a much loved classic like the Altona tributes, the jury is still out. By the way does anyone have an idea of the number of different kits we’ve had over recent years as we seem to changing more often now than a queen on Drag Race.

While I like the idea behind the design the problem is that when the club puts out a shirt like that it very much looks like it’s a cash in. It’s the sort of thing a professional club comes up with in order to convince fans to part with more money in order to restock the club coffers. It’s seems to be halfway between an Arsenal shower curtains or Liverpool and some classy stuff like Walthamstow’s William Morris kit. I’m sure it will sell well among the more monied supporters though whether it will become a much loved classic like the Altona tributes, the jury is still out. By the way does anyone have an idea of the number of different kits we’ve had over recent years as we seem to changing more often now than a queen on Drag Race.

Only going on the trust shop but this seems to be the sixth kit “relaunch” in as many seasons. Does this sound correct?IMG_2251.jpeg

As a piece of kit art I’m really into it. But then it’s extremely rare that football shirts get designed with geographers in mind.

Imo, the design that makes it clearest that the swirls are contours and not just random swirls is the home shirt.

I can though really see where everyone is coming from in saying it’s miles off the traditional kit.

Also agree with the Altona colours sentiment. Should always be the away I think (but again, respect those who would rather blue/pink and pink/blue, I get that), because you can’t have Altona colours without referencing where that’s come from, and what football was a hundred years ago, and what key people in Hamlet’s history did to establish and maintain that link. And that’s all just a pleasant thing to ponder, looking at a shirt when a game has gone quiet.

I’d worry about random kids turning up with crayons expecting to find their way to a burger at the end of a maze. Suppose that might pass the time during any boring games next season.

Looking back at old photos I believe we also had two kits at the start of the two seasons previous to this 2018/2019 & 2017/2018.

By the way does anyone have an idea of the number of different kits we’ve had over recent years as we seem to changing more often now than a queen on Drag Race.
We haven't retained a home kit or an away kit for more than one season for 10 years. (There was one season when we had a third kit, which was retained as the following season's second kit.) The majority have been fairly decent (although I didn't like the one with the pink "fingers" across the shoulder) but it just seems like change for change's sake. I don't normally buy clothes and throw them away after a year, so I rather resent it when a shirt I've bought becomes obsolete after 12 months. It's a pity the retro TOFFS shirts are no longer available.

Back
Top Bottom