Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Any suggestions?

Dulwich itself is probably pretty white as a percentage too. I put the data from the last census on a map for work purposes - perhaps it's a reflection of the local area tbh.

As I'm on the Thameslink right this minute I'll have to check later. Much as it pays the bills, the enthusiastic promotion of alcohol might put some off. Equally, in terms of identifying with players, could we have some names on the backs of shirts please?

First step is a bit of monitoring and benchmarking. You need the data to know whether you've got an issue (I think the club has) and to inform how you might go about addressing it. I don't know whether the club have such data or plan to collect it.

I interviewed Danny Mills for that book I'm working on and asked him that very same question. He said:

"Good question. How do we diversify the crowd? Why should they come? Of course the club reflects the direct neighbourhood. It's a pretty white middle class area. But the surrounding areas are not: Lewisham, Peckham. Making statements is fine but we need to go out into those communities and entice them here. It will take time, but we have to take the time for these initiatives."

It's a problem throughout football. Danny is now the Equality and Diversity Officer at the club. He's talking about physically going out into the community to try and attract interest. I don't know if that's happening, and I imagine it's not easy, but it needs to happen.

I gave up when he got off at North Dulwich

Big mistake. The best bit was when he said there were bars and things to do in there that he had about from people.

5:10 in the video. Just to recap. He had heard that there were bars in a football ground.

This is the best one yet.

I have to watch nuggets like to his all the way through to see what drivel has to be said and what's in it for them.

Online tickets sales where you can see in advance what level of crowd to expect and staff it accordingly. Fuck me, a whole concept which is truly amazing!

Hipster fan base, yawn fucking yawn.

Oh look I'm sponsored by fanbase.

It's probably getting near the point where these idiots need to be banned and our inclusivity is for those who want to support the class above their ego.

Interesting reading 🤔 Can’t comment on everything that’s been said there. The Crouch situation seems a tad confusing from here. He’s apparently continuing his association with the club yet he’s relinquished his role as Director of Football and “Peter's work with the Hamlet will take a back seat to his media career for the foreseeable future.” As for the documentary I’ve made some of my feelings clear on Discord and when I get a free moment I might bring them together on here. Safe to say that while my own personal 15 (maybe a couple of minutes more) of fame was pretty emotional the whole thing was disappointing on so many levels. Guessing I’m not the only one feeling that way given the halfhearted promotion from Discovery+ and zero mention of it through the club’s main socials although the Women’s team Twitter has mentioned it. On a more positive note it’s great to see Tom Bale back and I’m looking forward to working with him on the social media side of the women’s team if required.

I guess we'll never know the answers to the questions multiple fans were invited to ask Crouch a year ago.

Great work, Hamlet. That was a true masterclass in sweeping aside the legitimate concerns of fans on a matter that was supposedly of real importance to the club.

I've asked this multiple times but not gotten an answer, or at least not answer I've seen....but this Crouch documentary thing. Given it's over now, was Mishi mentioned at all during it? I would've expected a focus on him during at least one episode if not a theme.

Reactions: EDC
Not watched the final episode yet but not once in the seven previous episodes were Mishi or Duncan mentioned. I know I spoke of Mishi many times in quite a few hours of interviews and filming I was involved in but none of that made the cut. I might also add that we managed to get through 280 minutes of television without mentioning the “Save Dulwich Hamlet” campaign or referencing Meadow

Something a bit random but I can think of a few Hamlet fans that would be interested in this game. On September 6th the club is hosting to the International Premier League Cup group match between Crystal Palace Under 21s and their counterparts from Hertha Berlin. I’m guessing there will be announcements from the club nearer the time of the game. Palace to face European opposition in PL International Cup - News - Crystal Palace F.C.

Seeing as I kept getting spammy emails to check out the new messages, I thought I'd take a look at the discord forum.
And then this popped up before I could even access the forum. WTF is a Star Badger and what's it doing on the official Hamlet forum?

#embarassing

shit.jpg

Seeing as I kept getting spammy emails to check out the new messages, I thought I'd take a look at the discord forum.
And then this popped up before I could even access the forum. WTF is a Star Badger and what's it doing on the official Hamlet forum?

#embarassing

View attachment 335046
The club had never had a official forum so I’m not sure where you are looking. Very few forums are official as the club will become liable for opinions expressed

The club had never had a official forum so I’m not sure where you are looking. Very few forums are official as the club will become liable for opinions expressed
Seeing as it was launched and moderated by Hamlet's Communications and Media Director, I was under the impression it was the official one.

Back
Top Bottom