Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gavin Rose leaves Dulwich Hamlet and new interim coach appointed

• Total voters
3 out 4 league games coming up are against teams also in the relegation zone and all seemingly a little light on quality, plus we have an FA Cup qualifier which could also be against lower league opposition. On paper we should win all 3 of those league games, and if we face lower opposition then we will be expected to win the FA Cup game as well. Any returns less than that, and with a quarter of the season played then I think it’s time to have a serious think about the manager’s position.

I think the time for this is end of Sept. Although league form has been poor over last 2/3 years, the cup form has been abysmal. Last year we were turfed out of every cup by lower league opposition, with the home defeat by Bedfont Sports particularly galling.

We have an FA cup tie in 2 weeks time, if that's another shocker I think it would be the final nail in the coffin.

1662309735110.png

6 wins in a lot (im not counting those). two cup exits to lower league teams in that period, and a fa cup exit to bedfont sports (at home) earlier in the season.

did gavin sign a new contract in the summer? i'd assume so but might have missed the communication.

Last edited:
Gav in, Gav out, Gav shake it all about.

With Aspire linked into the setup, how can any Rose replacement be anything other than a carbon copy? I'm aware there are others more clued in than me on that score but even if Aspire wasn't an issue, Gavs influence after all these years will cast a big shadow over his replacement.

Gav in, Gav out, Gav shake it all about.

With Aspire linked into the setup, how can any Rose replacement be anything other than a carbon copy? I'm aware there are others more clued in than me on that score but even if Aspire wasn't an issue, Gavs influence after all these years will cast a big shadow over his replacement.
How many players have come through Aspire?

At the fan event at the end of last season Gavin spoke quite convincingly (I thought) about the problems caused by our lack of training facilities. When I heard him speak about that I felt more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and felt he deserved the opportunity to have a go at things once that problem had been resolved.

My question is - has that problem now been resolved? Does the team have a proper training schedule and facilities this season? If so, the failure to improve upon results makes me feel that it may be time for a change. If not ... why not?

At the fan event at the end of last season Gavin spoke quite convincingly (I thought) about the problems caused by our lack of training facilities. When I heard him speak about that I felt more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and felt he deserved the opportunity to have a go at things once that problem had been resolved.

My question is - has that problem now been resolved? Does the team have a proper training schedule and facilities this season? If so, the failure to improve upon results makes me feel that it may be time for a change. If not ... why not?

Last edited:

Football is a matter of opinion and my view of Gavin's performance at the fan forum differs from yours.
  • Whilst sorting the training ground may be a club responsibility, having been the manager for 13 years plus I wouldn't be waiting for the club to solve my training problem, I would be sorting it myself.
  • With regards to his lack of communication he blamed Tom; he failed to be interviewed after games and hasn't produced a managers column in the programme. I have offered to draft something from basic notes from a telephone conversation.
  • He blamed poor performance on the lack of budget at the start of the season; if you look at the records we did quite well at the start (except for the cup exits)
  • He blamed poor performance on the poor changing rooms - come on!
  • He also said the players didn't like the fans cheering them after a poor performance; come on, that's one of the qualities of our fans.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first 10 years of Gav's, and he should have gone out on a high; instead it's likely to be a sad ending.

Football is a matter of opinion and my view of Gavin's performance at the fan forum differs from yours.
  • Whilst sorting the training ground may be a club responsibility, having been the manager for 13 years plus I wouldn't be waiting for the club to solve my training problem, I would be sorting it myself.
  • With regards to his lack of communication he blamed Tom; he failed to be interviewed after games and hasn't produced a managers column in the programme. I have offered to draft something from basic notes from a telephone conversation.
  • He blamed poor performance on the lack of budget at the start of the season; if you look at the records we did quite well at the start (except for the cup exits)
  • He also said the players didn't like the fans cheering them after a poor performance; come on, that's one of the qualities of our fans.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first 10 years of Gav's, and he should have gone out on a high; instead it's likely to be a sad ending.

Sorry, but that last point is fair. Clapping the players when they've played shite isn't a good thing!

Apparently, sorting this training ground was his responsibility too, so failed on that aspect too. (Understandably perhaps), Ben didn't say that on the night, but did put a rather large hole in his argument that "not my fault guv".

baleboy_93 what are the interim training arrangements till November?

Apparently, sorting this training ground was his responsibility too, so failed on that aspect too. (Understandably perhaps), Ben didn't say that on the night, but did put a rather large hole in his argument that "not my fault guv".

baleboy_93 what are the interim training arrangements till November?
I think it’s fair to say that arrangements are likely to be a little ad hoc until some time in October. However, having excellent facilities during the summer seems to have created very little that suggests we have a pattern of play so maybe having no training might be better. Also cannot use facility we had last year for a variety of reasons beyond the board’s control. The board are being made to look bad as somebody who sits at meetings with them, I can say their loyalty and endeavours to give the manager everything he asks for are beyond reproach. It’s now time to deliver on the field and if it doesn’t happen the blame lies in only one place.

Back
Top Bottom