Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Funky jumpers for women

izz

Increased Leisure Citizen
Hello, can anyone recommend any funky, interesting brands ? I'm after a nice warm jumper that isn't boring and that looks at least vaguely interesting - I like the look of the below but the fabric looks shitty - anyone any ideas ?

1601482054414.png

Have you looked at Uniqlo? They have all sorts of things, and in lots of different colours. Joe Brown or Desiguel also have interesting things, depending on your taste and budget. Jigsaw has a sale on at present, their stuff can be pricey but lasts much longer and better than most brands.

For warmth avoid acrylic or man-made fibres if your budget permits, they're not that good for warmth ime.

Joe Brown I used to find interesting but not so much nowadays, but I hadn't heard of Uniqlo, so thanks very much and I'll look into it. 😊

I got this on sale..
It's not a jumper but I love it. It is the cosiest thing to wear.
sherpa-womens-samchi-poncho-wool-jacket.jpg

I throw it on if the house is a bit cold and it's too early to turn on the heating.
It's also great for outdoors and can stand some rain.
It's by Sherpa so I think something goes back to the community. Every item bought apparently provides a day of school.

Ebay search "funky jumper"! (Or similar)
I'm being serious btw.. its a good search engine like that
:D just did that search - eye damaging stuff comes up :D
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking at women's knitwear a lot recently for gift purposes, and the current season stuff looks pretty conservative on the whole. There's some jolly colours and styles to be had, but the affordable/high street end is pretty muted right now, and once you move out of artificial fibres even on the high street the prices start getting pretty steep.

I'd agree having a dig on ebay is a good idea, you can find more adventurous past season stuff, and it's much more affordable than new - Toast, And Other Stories & Cos are all pretty dull this year, but have all made more daring bits in the recent past, which have sat unworn in people's wardrobes for a year or so before being flogged on ebay. I was looking at a lush bright purple alpaca jumper from Toast last night (now gone sadly) which might well have been the kind of thing you're looking for...

I definitely agree that the current winter season is for the most part quite dull killer b which is a bit of a let down, I think we could all do with some bright colours this winter.

Cowl necks are really annoying, imo, especially if what you want is a warm jumper. Lovely colour though.

Back
Top Bottom