Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Frasier

Well, one fresh thing they could do for the new series is to bring in Niles's infamous and yet unseen first wife, Maris, and make her a 'visible' and regular character. Played by a strong character actor- Christine Baranski could be great for it, I reckon- it would be a great addition to the show.

Last edited:
I think I must have seen every episode about 5 times over the last two years through a combination of ill health and lockdown.

it doesnt really get tired, brilliant writing, brilliant acting. Although it does go bit downhill when niles finally hooks up with daphne. sorry for the spoiler.

I think I must have seen every episode about 5 times over the last two years through a combination of ill health and lockdown.

it doesnt really get tired, brilliant writing, brilliant acting. Although it does go bit downhill when niles finally hooks up with daphne. sorry for the spoiler.
Niles hooks up with Daphne??

Next you'll tell me Luke Skywalker's father is not dead...

Well, one fresh thing they could do for the new series is to bring in Niles's infamous and yet unseen first wife, Maris, and make her a 'visible' and regular character. Played by a strong character actor- Christine Baranski could be great for it, I reckon- it would be a great addition to the show.
It’d be like bringing back Minder with no Terry and instead having Er Indoors made flesh. Both would be rubbish

No, I couldn't work out why she sent the request. I think perhaps I should have accepted just so I could find out why she did it.

Maybe you still could accept all these years later for the lol.

I've had someone hanging for the last 13 years who tried to add me - bt for entirely different reasons. Basically, he was a twat on our last encounter and it amuses me to have left him unfriended all this time.

I've spent the last 20 minutes watching clips now. The episode with Patrick Stewart was absolutely priceless and still makes me laugh out loud

I have not seen that clip before probably because, like others, I lost interest in Frasier in the later seasons (once Niles and Daphne got together). But it is very funny, including Patrick trying not to corpse throughout most of it. The timing of Frasier pausing before answering whether a trip to some villa would change his mind... :D

I have not seen that clip before probably because, like others, I lost interest in Frasier in the later seasons (once Niles and Daphne got together). But it is very funny, including Patrick trying not to corpse throughout most of it. The timing of Frasier pausing before answering whether a trip to some villa would change his mind... :D
It's a brilliant episode. I'm sure you got the premise from that clip... :)

Loved Frasier and still do. Sharply written and wonderful characters. Maris took on a life of her own that wouldn't have been possible if she had actually materialised. Niles stole the show, imo.

A reboot is always going to be risky given how fantastic the original was. It ended with him moving to Chicago, maybe that's where it starts again?

I had a massive crush on Roz :oops:

Clip from possibly my favourite episode:

It will be a disaster if they try to replace Martin, but I cant imagine they will, he'd be over ninety and, well, we've done that already. It has to be a completely different set up, but somehow still involve Niles and Ros (the rest were purely secondary, at best).

We rewatched a few last night. Started with 'The Ski Lodge', often held up as the best episode ever. It isn't, it has many of the worst bits - notably the awful accents, both from Guy and Daphne's friend - but it was still very funny in places. Not as much as 'Dirty Girl' from season two though, or the other two whose names I cant recall offhand.

I’d miss Bulldog and the fruity English theatre critic too.
Let’s face it, it’s gonna be shite

Back
Top Bottom