Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Frasier 2.0

I can still not comprehend how or why Lucy Mangan has a job as a reviewer on a major newspaper. I'm not alone (going on the BTL comments on all her reviews) in having an inverse opinion on her star count on every single review she gives. If it's five stars, it's sure to be shit. If it's one star, hit download immediately.

How in the fuck could you give this four stars? :D

I’m aware of that, but I’d like to think you can tell a bit about successful actors by the roles they play. If Frasier was a real life person, he would very likely vote Democrat, or at worst for a socially liberal Republican, if there’s ever such a thing. I wouldn’t expect Mel Gibson to accept a role in Life of Brian, just I I wouldn’t have expected a Trump supporter to revel in a character that pretty much combats as his day job the extremist, cruel, unreasoned hate-driven ideology of Trumpworld.
Actors be actors. They're good at playing different people with different outlooks.

Bonkers puffpiece here. I must have been watching a completely different show

I wonder if it's intentional that it actually makes Grammer look worse by building him up. Like the bit about meeting 30-year-olds who've never seen Frasier and that making him wonder "what's going on at home."

The lack of most of the supporting cast makes more sense when you think about who they'd have to work with. Even if they don't have major political objections (and they might well do) they might have just decided they were rich enough and had enough of a legacy without spending another day "in his shadow."

No wonder the show isn't funny - he's driven out all the people who can move with the times and still write good comedy.

His political beliefs certainly explain why he's now got orange skin anyway.

What a shame. I was watching the old Frasier yesterday on C4 and it's still genuinely LOL stuff.

I am sure I’ll be bringing untold joy to all fans of Frasier by pointing out that a second season of the remake has been made and just dropped on Paramount+ :thumbs:

‘’Wasn’t all that impressed” is very likely the most positive review it haa ever enjoyed as well :D
Loved Cheers and most of the original run of Frasier (despite occasional continuity errors) and not at all against revivals (currently losing my mind in joy and wonder over season 3 of TP) but wish Kelsey Grammer had pushed for a revival of Boss, instead.

I watched the first season, it's OK but not even remotely as funny as the original. Mrs Q is also a big fan of the original but only stuck 2 episodes of the revival.
I probably will watch it when I get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom