Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Frasier 2.0

I really enjoyed the first go arround although like many of these things it would of been better if it stopped earlier. I'm half tempted to look at a reboot and half dread that it will be unbearably awful.

I really enjoyed the first go arround although like many of these things it would of been better if it stopped earlier. I'm half tempte to look at a reboot and half dread that it will be unbearably awful.
The first 5 seasons are some of the best TV ever, even when it got a little silly it still was better than most sitcoms...I always felt instead of bringing it back as a TV show they should have made it a stage show set years later.

Frasier was a work of sheer brilliance from the start (the one where he and Niles bought a restaurant is so funny it caused me physical pain to watch it I laughed so hard) expectations are going to be very high for this new series. I will give it a watch and see what it's like. Good though Kelsey Grammer was in Frasier it was very definitely a team effort and the way the rest of the cast sparked off him and each other gave it all its best moments. Apparently it was a nightmare for guest stars since the regular cast worked so well together than much of the dialogue and jokes were adlibbed as they went along.

Frasier was a work of sheer brilliance from the start (the one where he and Niles bought a restaurant is so funny it caused me physical pain to watch it I laughed so hard) expectations are going to be very high for this new series. I will give it a watch and see what it's like. Good though Kelsey Grammer was in Frasier it was very definitely a team effort and the way the rest of the cast sparked off him and each other gave it all its best moments. Apparently it was a nightmare for guest stars since the regular cast worked so well together than much of the dialogue and jokes were adlibbed as they went along.
Apparently he never actually learned his lines until just before shooting which is what caused issues for guest stars. I think you'd underlined a very important reason why the original worked, the sibling rivalry was just brilliant. Niles not being in this kind of makes me wonder how the humour will work...

Apparently he never actually learned his lines until just before shooting which is what caused issues for guest stars. I think you'd underlined a very important reason why the original worked, the sibling rivalry was just brilliant. Niles not being in this kind of makes me wonder how the humour will work...
Yeah the lack of Niles for the rivalry and Martin for the reality check makes me nervous, but it's got to be worth a go and since it looks like there are only 12 episodes I suspect I'll end up watching it all

Yeah the lack of Niles for the rivalry and Martin for the reality check makes me nervous, but it's got to be worth a go and since it looks like there are only 12 episodes I suspect I'll end up watching it all
It’s only 10 apparently…

I don’t see how it will be anywhere near as good without Niles, Daphne, Martin and Eddie but I’ll probably watch out of curiosity as it was one of the very few sitcoms that made me do actual LOLs - even when I’m sat on my own watching - the litmus test of how genuinely funny something is IMO.

Last edited:
I don’t see how it will be anywhere near as good without Niles, Daphne, Martin and Eddie but I’ll probably watch out of curiosity as it was one of the very few sitcoms that made me do actual LOLs - even when I’m sat on my own watching (the litmus test of how genuinely funny something it IMO).
Particularly Eddie

Let's hope we are spared Daphne's brothers!!

Just when you thought a ‘Manchester’ accent couldn’t be worse than Daphne’s! Apparently the actor who played Fraiser’s dad Martin actually grew up in Manchester, it’s funny thinking how wrong he must have known the Moon family’s efforts were all those seasons!

An aside - Kelsey Grammar now has a home in Portishead.

Just when you thought a ‘Manchester’ accent couldn’t be worse than Daphne’s! Apparently the actor who played Fraiser’s dad Martin actually grew up in Manchester, it’s funny thinking how wrong he must have known the Moon family’s efforts were all those seasons!

Yeah, especially given that her brother was played by an Australian doing a Dick van Dyke "cockney" accent.

Back
Top Bottom