Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Francoise Hardy RIP

Did someone else from the French New Wave die recently? I suppose there was Goddard, but was there someone else from around that scene more recently than that?

Did someone else from the French New Wave die recently? I suppose there was Goddard, but was there someone else from around that scene more recently than that?
Pretty sure Liza Goddard is still alive. Are you thinking of Jane Birkin who mainly worked in France?

Pretty sure Liza Goddard is still alive. Are you thinking of Jane Birkin who mainly worked in France?
Jane Birkin, that'd be it. When I saw the news my brain kind of went "wow, it's been a bad year for French new wave icons between her and..." but then I couldn't think of Jane Birkin's name, and now I've looked her up it turns out it was almost a year ago that she died, so not super recent. Anyway, RIP Francoise Hardy, sorry I clogged up your memorial thread trying to remember who Jane Birkin was.

There was a spare of them in the late 2010s. France Gall, Jeanne Moreau, Juliette Greco but not sure if that counts as recent

There was a spare of them in the late 2010s. France Gall, Jeanne Moreau, Juliette Greco but not sure if that counts as recent
And Anna Karina as well, I think she may have had some kind of connection to the French new wave. But was definitely Birkin I was thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom