Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Foxtons are offering to help me fill the site with content

editor

hiraethified
Here's a wonderful offer. Perhaps you lot could help me with my reply?

Hey,

I hope you’re well?

I am currently working alongside Foxtons Estate Agents in order so share sponsored content, area guides and also, getting them some coverage on some great London websites and blogs.

I was wondering if you were working on anything at the moment that perhaps Foxtons could help with? They have numerous home and district experts who would be able to comment on anything in the industry right now.

Or, if preferred, would there be room on your blog to sharing some sponsored content? Preferably district guides. I know the team are really keen to start doing more of this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Perhaps they missed my earlier articles on them?

Brixton’s most hated business? Foxtons finds itself in need of another police guard
Brixton Foxtons gets a visit from Yuppies Out
Reclaim Brixton: Foxtons estate agents in Brixton is targeted again
Brixton Foxtons is boarded up once again ahead of the Brixton Splash community carnival

So what’s wrong with Foxtons?
A lot. Here’s what we said about them earlier this year:

Seen by some as the personification of greed and gentrification, Foxtons were described by the Independent as the “estate agent that gives estate agents a bad name,” the Guardian decried their ‘dodgy’ business practices back in 2008, and in 2010 a finance site ran a feature called, “The evil way Foxtons ripped off Landlords.”

Last month, the Independent went as far as to describe the company as a “perfect metaphor for how society continues to change for the worse“, while a London business website ran the headline, “7 events that show Londoners love to hate Foxtons.”

More recently, the company is facing a potentially massive legal bill after a landlord launched an action over the extortionate fee he was charged by Foxtons over a simple light fitting repair.

Reply back saying you charge £1000 to view the site and there’s no guarantee you’ll get add space. If you do get add space you charge £2500 admin fees, £5000 security deposit and you charge £10,000 a month ‘rent’.

After taking their money be sure to phone back five minutes later to say you've accepted a better offer from another party, but that regrettably none of the fees they've paid are refundable.

They have numerous home and district experts who would be able to comment on anything in the industry right now.

I'd love to hear their expert comment on the Buckingham Palace Restoration.

Would beige walls help the resale price?

... send them those links, and for the lolz, ask them how much they would be prepared to pay to have those articles removed. :thumbs:

Probably nothing. Their image as a cabal of ruthless bastards is money in the bank to them. Their strategy is to appeal to the sort of people who would happily shake hands with Mussolini if they thought he could get them a few extra quid for flipping their house.

Doctors should research their "market" a little better. If they had, they would surely know this place is not for them.

Back
Top Bottom