Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former players...

Craig Braham Barrett at Whyteleafe - no budget there then. Just seen i was a bit slow there. Whyteleafe with their non league galacticos managed to lose for the third time at home on Saturday to Jersey Bulls. The team currently includes, Helge Orome, Corey Holder, Dan Bennett, Ryan Gondoh, Aaron Goode, Winja Hibbert, Antone Douglas, Aaron Watson, Braham Barrett. All players with step 2-4 experience in droves

_371809_ouseley.jpg
_524274_ouseley150.jpg
_38153130_ouseley150.jpg

(Source: BBC)

Could any of the club's historians please clarify whether The Right Honourable The Lord Ouseley (or Baron Ouseley of Peckham Rye) ever played for the club at any level prior to (or during?) his career in local and national public service fighting discrimination, and if so, when?

Last edited:
I've never come across him, though it should be said I tend to look at events prior to the sort of time he would have been an active footballer.

I found this lengthy interview with Craig Edwards from a while back, primarily talking about his youth and boxing career. Fast forward to approximately 33:00 for television footage of him winning a fight inside 2 rounds, when it was close to being stopped in his opponent's favour after the first:

Just watched a video of Gyebi now at Dover on youtube .First 10 mins slags off everything Dulwich , Management, players and fans fed by leading questions by the Dover interviewer.

Just watched a video of Gyebi now at Dover on youtube .First 10 mins slags off everything Dulwich , Management, players and fans fed by leading questions by the Dover interviewer.
Just watched it. You tend to find communication is a two way street, but glad he’s found somewhere he likes being. The interviewer is a plum, though.

Last edited:
Just watched it. You tend to find communication is a two way street, but glad he’s found somewhere he likes being. The interviewer is a plum, though.
I watched the first 10 minutes, although it's really just 7 minutes about Dulwich. He sounds quite reasonable and articulate, so I've really no idea whether Hak or anyone else at the club might have treated him better without having been on the inside.

The concussion in pre-season didn't help, and Alfie Allen (the other player injured in that incident) had a similar sort of experience. We also signed Manny Parry at quite a late stage in pre-season, and Hak's comment at the time suggested that wasn't a planned signing but an opportunity to get someone he rated very highly that was too good to miss. Therefore Jerry, who was possibly pencilled in as a regular starter when we signed him, was probably competing with Michael Chambers for one place even after Cem Tumkaya returned to Cray Valley. When he did play, he didn't look as good as the alternatives to me, and simply didn't do enough to keep his place.

He talks about Dover having great supporters (by implication better or more loyal than ours) yet they had their lowest league attendance of the season last Tuesday of just under 700, despite a strong start to the season. That club has had 4 shocking seasons on the spin, escaping relegation when one season was curtailed, surviving a second relegation by a goal difference of 2, and actually being relegated twice. Anyone still supporting them after all that is likely to be there no matter what, and will now be revelling in a team that wins games and scores plenty of goals for the first time in years, but I bet plenty of others have already stopped attending altogether. Our supporters have also remained loyal after a rubbish season that ended with relegation, followed by a pretty ordinary one at the lower level.

It's a different demographic in inner London. Dover had one colossal attendance against the neighbouring town (Folkestone) that means their current average figure is higher than all their other attendances. We don't have a true local derby, but we get colossal attendances for Saturday games regardless of the opposition, although not for midweek evenings.

Back
Top Bottom