Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former players...

Amadou Tangara, Alpha Diallo, Gus Sow and Kadell Daniel have all joined Croydon Athletic.

Edited to say they’ll be playing alongside Oshane Brown, Michael Phillips, Richard Pingling, Junior Savane and Michael Kamara.

Last edited:
Amadou Tangara, Alpha Diallo, Gus Sow and Kadell Daniel have all joined Croydon Athletic.

Edited to say they’ll be playing alongside Oshane Brown, Michael Phillips, Richard Pingling, Junior Savane and Michael Kamara.
Surprised to see Phillips in the line up today against Guildford, thought he had signed with Hemel Hempstead.

Oshane Brown is a proper cult hero amongst the Croydon Athletic supporters, can pull off some wonderful keeping displays when he's in the mood... but will also just make the most horrific blunders. I can't imagine he'll get much game time with Tangara signed up though.

Surprised to see Phillips in the line up today against Guildford, thought he had signed with Hemel Hempstead.

Oshane Brown is a proper cult hero amongst the Croydon Athletic supporters, can pull off some wonderful keeping displays when he's in the mood... but will also just make the most horrific blunders. I can't imagine he'll get much game time with Tangara signed up though.
Croydon Athletic announced the signing of Slav Huk over the summer too. He was expected to be first choice. Not heard of him leaving but haven't been paying too much attention tbh.

Phillips seems to be one of those players who can’t get their fitness to the level to match their ability. Assume he tried to get up to speed with Hemel, but couldn’t keep up with it. Still only 26.

Croydon Athletic announced the signing of Slav Huk over the summer too. He was expected to be first choice. Not heard of him leaving but haven't been paying too much attention tbh.

Huk signed for Burgess Hill towards the end of June.

Interesting, ta. I know another club who were a bit surprised when he signed for Croydon, they thought he was signing for them, and was told he was promised first choice at Croydon. All a bit odd.

Wonder whether he lives out that way and decided travelling into Croydon / wherever they train was a bit much?

Chike Kandi made his debut for Fleet Town last night. Fleet made some good signings over the summer and should be strong play off contenders.

The current regime there is doing good work establishing Fleet as a good community set up, and have been rewarded with significantly rising gates.

Not ex Hamlet but I'm pretty sure I saw him play against us. Stuart Searle is the goalkeeping coach for the USA Women's Football squad who are through to the Olympic Final.

I presume coaches don't get medals, if he does he'll join a surprisingly long list of Olympic medallists to have played Hamlet. One gold medallist represented Hamlet but I'd probably better keep that back for a proggies article...

Back
Top Bottom