Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former job centre in Josephine Avenue in Brixton is squatted

I hope they come on here to say hello. Are there any squatters on the boardz? I live opposite some on Rushcroft Road. But I suppose they won't be there much longer. :( Not that I'll miss the knob who's shelled out for a loud exhaust for his piddling motorbike.

I hope they come on here to say hello. Are there any squatters on the boardz? I live opposite some on Rushcroft Road. But I suppose they won't be there much longer. :( Not that I'll miss the knob who's shelled out for a loud exhaust for his piddling motorbike.

Aargh he was doing that again today. Fuck off motorbike wanker.

Do you mean the one at the Vining Street end with the small newish bike? He's such a bell end that when he gets home and stops the bike he gives it one last rev. He must think he's James Dean.

The other wanker is half way along the street and has a bigger, older bike. It's stupidly loud, but at least he's not enough of a cock to make extra noise when stationary for the benefit of his neighbours.

Second wanker is the one I'm on about. He often revs it for.longer than neccessary says it would damage his bike to take straight off!!

Btw sorry for slight derail!

The first custodial sentences for squatting residential property have already happened. I expect to see more of this squatting of non residential property.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/sep/27/first-squatter-jailed-new-law

This new law is particularly vindictive piece of Tory legislation. The squatter who was given custodial sentence was not bothering the neighbours and had occupied an empty flat. It also looks like he was not given the chance to leave the flat. Just arrested and charged for being there.

Dont see the Tory scumbags banging up Bankers.

Why would students want to live in Brixton? Surely somewhere nearer their place of study would be a better idea?

Or is it just more hipsterisation?

Universitys have flogged off there student accommodation over recent years. . As someone else posted this is the latest moneyspinner for developers. Brixton is near transport links to central London. So for a profit seeking developers this would be a good way to get a guaranteed profitable "rental stream". Students are just another commodity for the capitalist class now.

The squatters - at least two dozen, mainly Italian and Slovakian - have just moved out.

They said they were pre-empting being evicted tomorrow.

They are off to a site in central London.

There's a Private Member's Bill in Parliament at the moment to criminalise squatting in commercial properties as well. Cunts :mad:

brilliant, loads of empty buildings sitting there for years doing fuck all :mad:
I'm not sure how much chance it has of going in to law though. Private Members' Bills usually fail through lack of time and support. But knowing the horrible, vindictive cunts that are in the Commons/Govt at the moment, it could go through, especially if rich property owners and businesspeople lobby the tories about it.

Lambeth seems to have approved the conversion of the job centre into student accommodation.

But I doubt anything will happen - just as the site opposite has lain idle for a couple of decades.

There's a Private Member's Bill in Parliament at the moment to criminalise squatting in commercial properties as well. Cunts :mad:

So they can occupied by property guardians through companies like ad hoc to keep real squatters out I suppose. Boils my piss. Cunts like that making money out of vulnerable ppl on low incomes grr

Lambeth seems to have approved the conversion of the job centre into student accommodation.

But I doubt anything will happen - just as the site opposite has lain idle for a couple of decades.
There's another application with status pending for flats on the Jobcentre site.

There was quite a lot of tension as the squatters were moving out today.

Understandable in the circumstances.

One of the Slovak girls said she was okay because she had a job as a chef in Waterloo.

It's surpis
The squatters - at least two dozen, mainly Italian and Slovakian - have just moved out.

They said they were pre-empting being evicted tomorrow.

They are off to a site in central London.

It's inspiring to see how the Italian and Slovakian housing crises are being alleviated by people moving to Central London.

If they existed of course.

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Europe/Slovak-Republic/Price-History
http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Europe/Italy/Price-History

Maybe Time Out could do a piece.

Planning permission was for student accomodation was denied tonight, btw. So for now, it's back to being an empty building.

Great. Further proof that developers and council types do not care about our streets.

Why would they? They probably live in the 'burbs.

7 years + since the St Agnes Place evictions ........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Agnes_Place .......... The vast bulk of the site remains fenced off and unused..........
StAgnesPl.squats.JPG
142973797_a923bce2b0_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom