Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footwear always wearing through at inside heel

cypher79

Banned
Banned
Anytime I buy a pair of trainers or shoes that have soft padding inside, a hole appears around the inside heel area within a few months. It seems my heels are slightly rubbing their way through the soft inside padding :(. Any suggestions how I can sort this? The obvious answer would be to get a smaller size, but the next size down are always too small for me.

I was thinking of asking a shoe maker to stitch/glue a piece of leather over that area. Any other ideas?

ta

My shoes always wear away in the same place/same way too, i imagine everyone has their version of this. I always thought it was because of how/where we apply pressure when walking if we lean etc. If you can get a cobbler to build up the sole in the right area for you go for it!

Yeah, I wear away at the inside too, though it's the outside of the sole rather than inside the heel in my case.

Anytime I buy a pair of trainers or shoes that have soft padding inside, a hole appears around the inside heel area within a few months. It seems my heels are slightly rubbing their way through the soft inside padding :(. Any suggestions how I can sort this? The obvious answer would be to get a smaller size, but the next size down are always too small for me.

I was thinking of asking a shoe maker to stitch/glue a piece of leather over that area. Any other ideas?

ta
I have found suede heel grips can stop this, although not always. Dirt cheap so worth a try :)

It might be due to your lacing system. You should experiment with lacing styles for running shoes. Get the trainers to grip firmly around the ankle to prevent your foot sliding around inside the shoe when walking.

The same applies to shoes and boots, a different lacing system can relieve pressure from different areas of the foot depending on the style used.

Back
Top Bottom