Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fingerprints on Computer monitor

BristolEcho

So I'm not sure if these marks were here when I got this but please see the below picture:

They are on a fold down desk that I have so it's possibly damage. They do though very much look like fingerprints but haven't responded to my usual spray that I use. Any suggestions on how to remove safely? I have a microfiber cloth.

Last edited:
what spray are you trying ? Those do look like mucky mauler prints, possibly from hands greasy with oil or butter or something. Unpleasant, good luck :)

what spray are you trying ? Those do look like mucky mauler prints, possibly from hands greasy with oil or butter or something. Unpleasant, good luck :)
Just normal screen spray I brought ages ago Druonic. Fine for normal prints but these seem particularly bad. There are some screws I had to move before fitting the screen so possibly from that.

So I'm not sure if these marks were here when I got this but please see the below picture:

They are on a fold down desk that I have so it's possibly damage. They do though very much look like fingerprints but haven't responded to my usual spray that I use. Any suggestions on how to remove safely? I have a microfiber cloth.

View attachment 307766
Are they on the surface of the screen, or has someone grabbed the screen too hard and damaged whatever the magic crystals/juice are that sits underneath the plastic?

Are they on the surface of the screen, or has someone grabbed the screen too hard and damaged whatever the magic crystals/juice are that sits underneath the plastic?
That's what I was trying to establish. They look like they are on the surface rather than screen damage. In certain light you can't really see them so it's not hugely problematic.

I've heard spirit vinegar suggested in extremis and I tried it on a screen at work but my boss told me not to in case people objected to the smell ...
Otherwise isopropyl ...
At home it's usually spittle from me shouting at the Internet so water does the job ...

Have edited the main picture now! :D

Washing up liquid seems to have helped a bit, I'll give it another go at some point. Bit worried about getting water in the screen down the side but should be okay. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom