Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Feet First, Camden Palace- Jonathan and Eko playlist

Melinda

Kama roa, efshar livloa?
CDL's grunge thread started me thinking about a favourite clubnight- Feet First in Camden.

Did anyone know the DJs? Ive never seen them.

I recall PWEI - Karmadrome being a staple, House of Pain, Cypress Hill but what else?

Ive just found Consolidated- 'You Suck' on youtube! Its still pretty rude!

We used to go there (Catacombs in Manor House) every Saturday night in the early 90's - the mixture of Goths, Indie-Kids, Crusty's, Grebo's & Punks was incredible - the overwhelming smell of Patchouli Oil - the pints of Snakebite and Black - the classic Gothic Two-Step dance to Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim and The Mission - the moshing to Pop Will Eat Itself and The Wonderstuff - the baggy dancing to Stone Roses and Happy Mondays - the absolute dancefloor carnage that occurred when Smells Like Teen Spirit was played - good times!! Also went regularly to Feet First at the Camden Palace (now Koko) and upstairs at the Dome in Tufnell Park - wish I had some photos of those clubbing days - also went regularly to a good indie night at the Dandylion Pub in High Barnet....

We used to go there (Catacombs in Manor House) every Saturday night in the early 90's - the mixture of Goths, Indie-Kids, Crusty's, Grebo's & Punks was incredible - the overwhelming smell of Patchouli Oil - the pints of Snakebite and Black - the classic Gothic Two-Step dance to Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim and The Mission - the moshing to Pop Will Eat Itself and The Wonderstuff - the baggy dancing to Stone Roses and Happy Mondays - the absolute dancefloor carnage that occurred when Smells Like Teen Spirit was played - good times!! Also went regularly to Feet First at the Camden Palace (now Koko) and upstairs at the Dome in Tufnell Park - wish I had some photos of those clubbing days - also went regularly to a good indie night at the Dandylion Pub in High Barnet....
We must have bumped into each other! I have a few pics from the Catacomb - I'll try and dig them up and post them here...

Did you see this? What Soho Wore, Black Dandyism and Terence Donovan at the Photographers’ Gallery, London

did you ever see any bands in the torrington?

The Dandy Lion was such a shit hole! Famous for underage drinking and mindless violence.

The Torrington was a great pub though. Finchley was always good for a pub crawl, as was High Barnet BITD, as the first coach stop on the Great North Road there were lots of coaching inns, when my dad was young he reckoned there were still twenty or more pubs on and around the high street.

Have that, fact fans :)

Used to go the Palace when Lenny McClean was on the door. 1988/89 if I remember. Friday nights before going to Trip or Dungeons or Clink.

The Dandy Lion was such a shit hole! Famous for underage drinking and mindless violence.

The Torrington was a great pub though. Finchley was always good for a pub crawl, as was High Barnet BITD, as the first coach stop on the Great North Road there were lots of coaching inns, when my dad was young he reckoned there were still twenty or more pubs on and around the high street.

Have that, fact fans :)
so many of them gone now, of course, the bull and butcher in totteridge, the tilted glass, the innisfree, cheers, swan and pyramids, coach and horses, the queen's head at the corner of east end lane, friern barnet's grove...

Back
Top Bottom