Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite veggie sausage?

What's the best banger?

• Total voters
I've probably posted this elsewhere, but my current favourite veggie sausage is the Lidl one from the chiller when available. They're beany rather than meaty, so a good option for those who don't like fake meat.

I stock up for the freezer when I see them (which is why these are frozen).

a pack of veggie sausages being taken out of the freezer

Last edited:
Just had a 'This Isn't Pork' sausage for brekkie- best fake veggie one out there imo...

Nah N not too keen on those, also they're at the pricier end (£3-£3.50 for 270g, compared to Quorn bangers which are around £2.75 for the same weight, and Richmonds which are £2.15-£2.40 for 304g).

I've probably posted this elsewhere, but my current favourite veggie sausage is the Lidl one from the chiller when available. They're beany rather than meaty, so a good option for those who don't like fake meat.

I stock up for the freezer when I see them (which is why these are frozen).

View attachment 420484

By a spooky co-incidence, on a whim, I also bought a pack of those today.

1713559525921.png

I mean, what are the chances of that happening, eh???

😮

Nah N not too keen on those, also they're at the pricier end (£3-£3.50 for 270g, compared to Quorn bangers which are around £2.75 for the same weight, and Richmonds which are £2.15-£2.40 for 304g).
They are pricey, always wait for them to be reduced. Not keen on Richmond, salty and squishy. Cauldron are my other fave.

I don't think they're even bothering to respond to criticism on social media.
Absolute twattery. Why do they do it? They were No 1, why fuck with it?! I have been following a fairly rigorous no-UPF regime for 18 months or so now but every now and again, I like a decent veggie saussie with mash. Comfort food. I have just seen the old-style ones on Tesco so I've ordered them, but if they sub with the new, they're going straight back.

I've got a damn good mind to take the two packs I still have in the freezer back to Tesco as "unsatisfactory". I'm only going to bin them otherwise.

Or maybe I'll just email Tesco to complain and see what they suggest.

Back
Top Bottom