Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite veggie sausage?

What's the best banger?

• Total voters

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Here we go. I tried the Richmond ones this week which are quite new. They are tasty and definitely up there if you want something that resembles meat, they have a skin which crisps up. I still prefer Tofurkey (stupid name, great products) Italian style sausages.

Another favourite is the Taifun Tofu Wiener, which I didn't include in the poll as it's not so widely sold and not strictly a sausage.

Quorn because they're the only ones I've tried that aren't overly seasoned so can be used in a wider variety of dishes.

I never knew Richmond did veggie ones, but going by their pork ones I'd be reluctant to trust them.

Quorn because they're the only ones I've tried that aren't overly seasoned so can be used in a wider variety of dishes.

I never knew Richmond did veggie ones, but going by their pork ones I'd be reluctant to trust them.
You'd be missing out. Their vegan sausages are really tasty.

And to answer the OP: I'd have to go for two choices: Quorn and Richmond. I think the Linda McCartney ones are awful.

Here we go. I tried the Richmond ones this week which are quite new. They are tasty and definitely up there if you want something that resembles meat, they have a skin which crisps up. I still prefer Tofurkey (stupid name, great products) Italian style sausages.

Another favourite is the Taifun Tofu Wiener, which I didn't include in the poll as it's not so widely sold and not strictly a sausage.
I can’t even entertain the idea of eating anything made by Richmond, given what they did to their meat sausages, and their veggie ones look exactly the same. Taifun Wieners dead good. Used to like Tivall’s veggie frankfurters (and burgers) till we discovered they were Israeli, so we had to stop buying them.

Don't like Quorn, think Linda's are ok and heck. Don't generally buy them actually. Didn't really eat meat sausages anyway. I get them when they are on offer. I like the lidi meat free mince, and burgers, I don't think I have seen sausages yet though.
I'm currently getting through sosmix from these guys.
It's ok, especially in sausage rolls, but it doesn't blow my mind.

I really like the Cauldron ones - I have a preference for tofu in general. I'm a bit funny about Quorn due to a friend being highly allergic (to the point where he was hospitalised after eating a quorn spag bol). I find the Linda McCartney range not very pleasant at all - there's something about it - very greasy but not flavourful.

I quite like the Fry's range too.

There are some other little ones I tried recently from the Co Op that I quite liked - there seem to be more and more coming out. Friends say that the Richmond ones are very good indeed.

Am I in some sort of parallel universe where everyone's list their minds?

The Richmond veggie sausages are fecking awful :thumbsdown:

I love the Richmond ones. For a hot dog experience I rate the Taifun tofu weiners. They're a bit pricey but bloody tasty.

I accidentally got the imitation meat sausage Heck ones the other week in an online order. Didn't think much of them. The Heck veggie ones, the beetroot & horseradish ones and that, are minging and I speak as someone who can count the edible things I won't eat on two hands.

Tesco Lincolnshire style are the best imo, which is pretty astonishing as almost everything Tesco's own brand do is terrible.

For vegan I'd probably say Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary, don't really like the other flavours though. I tried the Beyond Sausage after being super impressed by the burger but at 2 for £5 they really weren't worth it.

Little Willies are great. We have Heck Vegfurters sometimes, which are the only ones that look remotely palatable from the range, and aren't too meaty.
I like Wicken Fen, but you don't see them very often, and I've just bought a kilo of Sosmix, so let the good times roll.

I couldn't eat anything made by Richmond * shudder *

Did Linda McCartney ever get over having meat in some of their vegetarian products?

I go through phases with veggie sausages.
When I first had Cauldron's after previously only having had German health food shop ones, I thought they were amazing but became less enthusiastic over time. Quorn were the next revelation, then Linda McCartney - I found them delicious when I first had them, for some reason only 5 or so years ago. Richmond I found a little bit disappointing after glowing reports here and from other friends. Otherwise haven't really tried many of the newer brands.

Back
Top Bottom