Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Favourite TV show theme tunes

scifisam

feck! arse! girls! drink!
I have done a search, so forgive me if it's a repeated thread.

I've been watching Morse yet again, and when I was a kid one of the things that really drew me in was the music, part of that being the theme tune.

Same with the X-Files.

Hawaii-Five-O is a mediocre series in both incarnations but the theme tune is fucking fantastic.

Yours?

Has anyone here ever seen an episode of Peter Gunn?

The theme tune is one of the greatest pieces of music ever recorded.

Star Trek Enterprise. Best Star Trek theme and best TV theme song ever.

And Round the World with Willy Fogg. Bet I could still sing almost every word.

Star Trek Enterprise. Best Star Trek theme and best TV theme song ever.

And Round the World with Willy Fogg. Bet I could still sing almost every word.

I don't think the Enterprise song works well as a theme tune. It sounds too much like a song chosen to vaguely fit the idea, like a Bond theme rather than a theme song for a TV series.

I like Willy Fogg, but that's obviously surpassed by . Dogtanion was also good.

I don't think the Enterprise song works well as a theme tune. It sounds too much like a song chosen to vaguely fit the idea, like a Bond theme rather than a theme song for a TV series
Obvious troll fails.

I'd forgotten Dogtanian though.

Obvious troll fails.

I'd forgotten Dogtanian though.

Oh thank you for it being an obvious troll that failed. I'd much rather have missed a trolling post than thought you really loved the Enterprise tune.

To this day if I read "one for all and all for one" I still think "muskahounds are always ready."

Chinese versions of Monkey are all shit though...
See one half decent cartoon version from way back, maybe even late seventies. Same studio as did 葫芦娃 which is worth checking out if you want to give your kids something traditional to watch.
ETA Just checked that out and Huluwa was late 80s so maybe not as early as I thought for Monkey 葫芦兄弟(1986年上海美术电影制片厂出品动画片)_百度百科
Another ETA: Shanghai Animation Studios, this was their Monkey: 大闹天宫(1961年万籁鸣、唐澄联合执导彩色动画长片)_百度百科

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom