Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Facebook: Australia content ban, SWP removal and related news

Smokeandsteam

Working Class First
Facebook has today removed the SWP’s Facebook page/account without warning or explanation:

Twitter has today suspended a number of Antifa accounts:

Leaving aside the obvious point that once Trump had been booted off Twitter a rubicon had already been crossed by the social media elites. Where a new right (conferred on themselves as unelected and unregulated billionaires, but of a liberal bent) to decide what it’s users could and could not read was established. The symbolism of these Facebook and Twitter moves against the left couldn't be much clearer, coming as they do within 24 hours of Biden’s inauguration.

Behind the bans and purges is a developing wider authoritarian mood and determination within elite liberalism to reassert its right to rule. To rebuild authority for neo-liberalism. To fight the existential threat from internal dissenters.

Early days of course, and who will mourn the SWP Facebook page and a few antifa accounts? But the direction of travel is becoming clearer....

Last edited:
The Facebook page for TeleSur has been booted off Facebook without good reason multiple times already. Then there's the anti-fascists who get booted off when it's clear that it wasn't an algorithmic decision or some other indication of "mistaken identity". This kind of thing ain't anything new for the left.

The Facebook page for TeleSur has been booted off Facebook without good reason multiple times already. Then there's the anti-fascists who get booted off when it's clear that it wasn't an algorithmic decision or some other indication of "mistaken identity". This kind of thing ain't anything new for the left.

I don’t doubt that for a minute. I’m suggesting these moves are reflective of the starting point of a restorationist liberal ruling elite flexing its institutional muscle under the guise of ‘defending democracy’ and clamping down on ‘extremism’

Ironically, this doesn’t signal its strength, but it’s weakness as popular consent for liberalism dwindles.

As I said, Biden has been in office for 24 hours and this is the SWP account and some Antifa accounts. Small beer perhaps. But let’s see how this evolves....

Hmm facebook the main reason i have to avoid political debate with my over 60 year old mother

why the fuck is anyone on it

spreading misinformation on every level to the over 60's is its main goal these days no?

Last edited:
Facebook has today removed the SWP’s Facebook page/account without warning or explanation:

Early days of course, and who will mourn the SWP Facebook page and a few antifa accounts?
Apparently, 71,000 people, according to the New York Post. Anyway, worth setting this in context of a trend that's gone back at least as far as last August:

I have to admit that if I was in charge of doing political censorship for FB, the thought of banning the SWP probably wouldn't be first on my list. I imagine there must be some level on which they'll be delighted by this - "see, we are the MOST relevant, MOST important revolutionary group around, even facebook says so!"

I have to admit that if I was in charge of doing political censorship for FB, the thought of banning the SWP probably wouldn't be first on my list. I imagine there must be some level on which they'll be delighted by this - "see, we are the MOST relevant, MOST important revolutionary group around, even facebook says so!"

Yeah, their ‘solidarity fundraiser’ can’t be far away...

was a late sign up to Facebook only really got it for facetime as it was cheaper than ring folks back home

so mostly family and close friends or random people from high school who were being nosey and me being nosey

had to give up and purge almost everyone bar family around the time ever other post was Britain First

the day it goes the same way as myspace will be a happy day

Leaving aside the obvious point that once Trump had been booted off Twitter a rubicon had already been crossed by the social media elites. Where a new right (conferred on themselves as unelected and unregulated billionaires, but of a liberal bent) to decide what it’s users could and could not read was established. The symbolism of these Facebook and Twitter moves against the left couldn't be much clearer, coming as they do within 24 hours of Biden’s inauguration.

Behind the bans and purges is a developing wider authoritarian mood and determination within elite liberalism to reassert its right to rule. To rebuild authority for neo-liberalism. To fight the existential threat from internal dissenters.

Early days of course, and who will mourn the SWP Facebook page and a few antifa accounts? But the direction of travel is becoming clearer....
Oh ffs it's been clear for years, what's more obvious now is they're moving beyond surveillance as fb can't surveille groups they've banned

I don’t doubt that for a minute. I’m suggesting these moves are reflective of the starting point of a restorationist liberal ruling elite flexing its institutional muscle under the guise of ‘defending democracy’ and clamping down on ‘extremism’

Ironically, this doesn’t signal its strength, but it’s weakness as popular consent for liberalism dwindles.

As I said, Biden has been in office for 24 hours and this is the SWP account and some Antifa accounts. Small beer perhaps. But let’s see how this evolves....
I think you're having a laugh seeing a conjunction between biden's inauguration and the swp being hoofed off fb

Because everyone else is on there.

but that is not a good thing, tbf we are going to have quite a kick back of people like the swp or anyone left of mick pence

because facebook does not have any moderation and racist, fuckwit , antivaxxers and other wankers run the place

because your gran might not like darkies

but that is not a good thing, tbf we are going to have quite a kick back of people like the swp or anyone left of mick pence

because facebook does not have any moderation and racist, fuckwit , antivaxxers and other wankers run the place

because your gran might not like darkies

Any big site with billions of users will get some cunts on there and the bigger they get the harder they get to moderate. If fb didn't exist people would still share all this shit by chain emails, whatsapp groups or whatever the most popular "social/chat" website was.

I think you're having a laugh seeing a conjunction between biden's inauguration and the swp being hoofed off fb
Biden: OK, first thing's first. Get Mark Zuckerface on the phone and tell him we need him to ban some foreign Trotskyite political party. Let the Internet know there's a new sheriff in town.

Advisor: Mr President, I really think we should consider the repercussions if citizens of a foreign country were given reason to think we were interfering in their right to free political discourse.

Biden: Fine, so tell him to pick a country that doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom