Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup replay: Haringey Borough vs Dulwich Hamlet, Tues 5th Sept 2023

Unless the seven goal thriller is Haringey Borough 7-0 Dulwich Hamlet and its them what go through ....

(Fucks sake, I've cursed us now haven't I?)

I'm going to try to pop up, and take a look in the High Cross (a pub in a former public toilet that opened a few years back) on the High Road on the way up. It's all glamour in that north London.

(The last time I saw Haringey Borough - the London Senior Cup final against Charlton in May - they lost in extra time. Remember, past performance does not guarantee future results.)

Don't know how we haven't scored from at least one of these corners in the second half, but deservedly getting beat here. Defence looks leakier than my roof last Christmas.

No game for 2 weeks now to stew on this nonsense.

I have no idea what we are trying to do. Either Hakan can't impose his style whether through force of will, or the recruitment just hasn't been good enough

Genuinely sorry to see you lot knocked out. I was hoping we (Winchester City) might get another cup game against you in the third qualifying round. Particularly as we would have stood a decent chance of winning this time.

This year’s FA Cup winnings - £750. May as well stick it behind the bar at Haringey to buy those fans making the trip to White Hart Lane something to ease the pain

Don't know how we haven't scored from at least one of these corners in the second half, but deservedly getting beat here. Defence looks leakier than my roof last Christmas.
Defence looks ponderous and porous as soon as anyone runs at it. Not sure from distance if the keeper could’ve done better with either goal. Our attacking was one dimensional and Romaine barely touched the ball in support of Mills. Probably Krasniqi deserved the consolation goal as he at least kept going.
At least the Bohem Brewery Tap Room was enjoyable!

Apart from the obvious answer (winning games), what have we got to do to actually have a decent FA Cup run?

I've only been to 2 first round games in my time following the Hamlet, the home tie against Southport in 98 and the wasted opportunity that was the televised home game against Carlisle United.

It's hard to appreciate the 'magic of the cup' when it's wiped out after the first or second hurdle, every single season.

Getting proper fed up with it now

Did we play better than Saturday? Yes
Did we get through to the next round? No
Do Haringay fans create a good atmosphere at home? Yes
Do they have an irritating twat ringing a bell all the time? Yes
Do I wish I'd known about the sausage roll hut before I had queued 15 mins for a dodgy burger? Yes
Was the beer decent? Yes
Is this standard of football good enough? No
Are the team going to make it up to the fans by pulling together and winning the FA Trophy? Yes

Poor result but I did see more of a pattern of play tonight.

Our main issues seem to be not being able to cope with pacey tricky wingers/forwards which seen to be plentiful in this division. Not helped of course with the absence of pace throughout out team . Scarlett, Braham Barrett, Wanadio, Jeffrey and Ming all not starting for a variety of reasons. Also we seem to have no one willing or able to shoot from distance.

However, I did think we looked a better unit tonight from a team I imagine was close to Hakans starting 11 if not playing wingers . Good passages of play with unfortunately no end product. It has to said even with this positive slant most of it was when chasing the game and Harringay just needed to protect their lead Other positive is KK so much fitter than last season and one of our better players on the night

searching for positives:

didn't wait for the post match bus, walked and got back at the same time as the bus
Haringey fans can't hold a tune, terrible singers
getting off the tube at Brixton, god its nice to be back in South London

Missed out from going on Saturday, which from several sources was very poor, so I was expecting a reaction today. Don't think we have signed badly, so thought that maybe Hak would roll the dice and seek to take the game to the opposition. Oh, how wrong could I be?! This was an utterly meek display against a team that was nothing special, but played together to be more than the sum of their parts.

Really don't understand why we need to be so negative. We setup with two banks of four, and playing it long to Romain and Danny. Alfie Allen and Ryley Scott were nominally the wide players, but they never were actually wide and were more commonly found tracking the ball in the middle. You therefore might expect the full backs would push on more, but no, they were firmly in the back four. There was no width and the only attacking threat came from set pieces.

We only looked to take the match to Harringey after we had gone 2-0 down and Hak immediately turned to Wanadio, when clearly he should have started. It was no surprise when it was endeavour down the right that led to a late goal to provide brief undeserved hope.

18 days now without a match. Sincerely hope we use that time to ditch this negative football and seek to put to better effect the attacking talent we have signed.

Last edited:
its nice to get out on a Tuesday night and the heady thrill of Overground, Bus, Elizabeth Line and the DLR was a feast of public transport. but aside from the beer there was little to be happy about this evening. Did anyone else spot the matching kit and stand colour scheme to the Selco warehouse across the road, and the ground being an anagram of Selco? Was half expecting a song about it from the Bell Enders

Very disappointing
Well done all who went

its seems Dulwich and Cup dont seem to really go together in modern times

i think this manager really needs to act and maybe completely change the pattern of play
Such a long break now as well
Might be good to arrange some sort of Friendly if possible

Back
Top Bottom