Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Environmental Reading

Thanks for the recommendations. Managed to add a few more books to the list.

I could only find this. Any good?
Yes that’s his most recent, his previous book was more focused on wind farms in Mexico. Both are free to download from that link I posted, but you can get that one cheaper from Amazon if you want the physical book (hardback). Personally I would just get the PDF as it is a pretty short read and those academic books are expensive (even at half the price from Amazon).

Last edited:
Review of a new book from Malm and the Zetkin Collective on climate and the far right.

Alexander Dunlap has a couple of books worth looking at (free to download).

Just finished ‘The Violent Technologies of Extraction.’ Parts of it opened new avenues of knowledge (and references), other parts I thought were hypercritical and too black and white. I’m not sure how much it deviates from the GA stuff of Zerzan et al., but it does make me want to go back and read Perlman.

613AC84D-5061-423A-8AFF-9F54E0A4C5E6.jpeg
Turns out this was a decent enough read, but I was expecting it to be a bit more historical and theoretical than it was. It mainly illustrates how capital, since inception, has sought to degrade and cheapen certain arenas: the environment, labour performed by women, food, non-whites etc.

Some chapters seemed better developed than others, not least the food chapter, because that’s where the writer seems to do most of their research; but a decent read all the same.

I’m not overly familiar with his work, having not read it myself, however, he is the source of some derision among conservationists. There is a website somewhere refuting most of his claims.

Back
Top Bottom