Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

That’s not true though. How many killer cyclists have not gone to jail?
your very claim demonstrates the difference, that you expect dangerous drivers to be arrested and prosecuted but cyclists so rarely face the consequences of their actions. and the reason that this matters is that as things move towards a non-carbon based economy, as society reorients to a more sustainable future, cycling will form an increasingly core part of transport and safety ought to be designed into how we move forwards.

your very claim demonstrates the difference, that you expect dangerous drivers to be arrested and prosecuted but cyclists so rarely face the consequences of their actions.
You don’t expect dangerous drivers that kill to be arrested and prosecuted? I expect cyclists that kill etc to go to prison - I also think justifying dangerous driving is very irresponsible.

that's a typically stupid post of yours. i say: cyclists so rarely face the consequences of their actions
you say: cyclists can do what they want and face no consequences. utterly fuckwitted. utterly typical of you
You still haven’t explained what relevance cyclist behaviour has in the first place.

You still haven’t explained what relevance cyclist behaviour has in the first place.
Pickman's model thinks that cycling needs to become a more core part of transport...but

He thinks that forcing cyclists to have insurance is a good idea.

He thinks that we indulge dangerous cyclists more than we indulge dangerous drivers.

I think he's not spent much time thinking or reading up about transport policy.

Pickman's model thinks that cycling needs to become a more core part of transport...but

He thinks that forcing cyclists to have insurance is a good idea.

He thinks that we indulge dangerous cyclists more than we indulge dangerous drivers.

I think he's not spent much time thinking or reading up about transport policy.
Yep - attitude not based on facts. Government has looked at registration & insurance for cyclists and deemed that the negatives out weigh and positives so what would the point be. Just seems to come from a hating cyclists point of view.

your very claim demonstrates the difference, that you expect dangerous drivers to be arrested and prosecuted but cyclists so rarely face the consequences of their actions. and the reason that this matters is that as things move towards a non-carbon based economy, as society reorients to a more sustainable future, cycling will form an increasingly core part of transport and safety ought to be designed into how we move forwards.
This twitter thread highlights the issues with how we deal with deadly driving at the moment, and the obvious limits of drivers being trained, taxed and insured.

Training and insurance doesn't stop those who ignore the requirement because enforcement and sanctions are weak.
IMG_7087.jpeg

This image clearly illustrates the relative danger from other vehicle types and perhaps where we should focus effort in reducing road danger -
IMG_7080.jpeg

No it's not, and it's an assertion you are unable to support with any kind of evidence.
we indulge dangerous cycling by giving it few consequences. i've been run into on the pavement of holloway road by someone cycling on the pavement. when i remonstrated with her she said she wasn't on the road (but on a crowded pavement) because she had no brakes. nothing happened to her, no cop talked to her, no one arrested her, off she went as free as bird to carry on acting without any fear of consequences. that's one example. there are many, many more.

Back
Top Bottom