Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Energy problem solved!!!???!!!

So does it have its own gas well or is the gas delivered by the gas company? :rolleyes:

My in-laws have their gas delivered in bottles too but it's a weird definition of 'off grid'. It's still a distribution network, and not a particularly efficient one.

Sorry, I meant electricity-wise.

Bottles. He goes and gets those.

It's cosy, the house... Not for us, mind, as he built it to rent out the rooms to Greater Germans... :D Very few little Englanders, he tells me, dare venture outta their back yard into Istria... :D

I've invented a new kind of showercap that doubles as a pair of pants. Of course I've had to make a few compromises on both functions (waterproof zips around the leg holes - one way breathable fabric), but, you know, why not? £100 a pair.

I reckon gorski is embarrassed that for all his (presumed) studying around critical thinking, he was duped by an old-fashioned snake oil pedlar.
Or at least he should be embarrassed.

But It's never too late to make up for the lack of basic science and engineering he dropped in his teens in favour of the humanities - the Internet is stuffed-full of resources.

I won't offer to reciprocate.
When I briefly tried it, it was like herding cats.

Last edited:
Yup. Most off grid people have generators of one kind or another. A decent gennie costs over a grand (people swear by that honda 20ui btw) I had a giant diesel one but plenty of people convert the petrol hondas to take gas instead. Diesel is cheaper in the UK as you pay no tax if you use it for anything other than driving a car.

The key question is: can you make this magic road for less than the cost of normal road and solar farms?

If the answer is no then why the hell would you bother?

The thing that makes me laugh the most is the idea you can lay solar panels then drive some of the most filth and crud producing machines over them day and night and it not be a problem. Genius.

Next up, a spaghetti fork that doubles as a bog brush.

fM, it's about getting electrical vehicles on that road... :rolleyes: FFS!!! :D

The question is not just "now" but as the science and tech progress (and there's no stopping them!), we may well see both happily do their "magic"...

It is refreshing, though, to see such geniuses, with Knowledge of History, roam amongst us... :D

Gorski, why is it a good idea to combine solar panels with road surfaces?
In your own words please, without any smilies if possible.

Back
Top Bottom