Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Energy problem solved!!!???!!!

Instead of roads, we could save on tarmac by building small circles of road, like a hamster wheel, with the car driving on the inside. No more potholes and unsightly road works everywhere!

When your road-wheel gets a pothole in it, you can just buy a new one, and the old one can be recycled.

Oh, dear - because there's potential to get energy from those roads, Crispy.

We can, so we do. We do it elsewhere...

Besides, these are not just roads!

If the panels at the side of each lane had tiny windmills on them we could use the air displacement from traffic to generate even more electricity!! :D :)

The only thing stopping us is your tiny minds :rolleyes:

Oh, dear - because there's potential to get energy from those roads, Crispy.
But there's loads of empty desert. Putting them on the roads only makes it more complicated and less efficient.
Besides, these are not just roads!
That's right, they're also lights and heaters. Powered by electricity, which can be brought to the road in wires.

There is no good reason to combine the solar power plant with the smart road surface.

Maybe. And maybe you should just read and listen properly, for a change?

DESERTEC was done on a "promise" that it might work one day.

Germany is bold and forward thinking like that, not like UK!

Really the first thing to do is reduce the number of idiots doing short haul flights to Croatia...

This! Short, as in from the UK... :rolleyes:

It's not possible to talk to people who do not read and listen to properly, who do not work through the issues carefully, who "can't be bothered"....

I will not attempt to give a "shorthand" to what are complex issues.

If I can work through a 15 page thread full of complex issues, so can anyone else through 5 pages, 2 of which are conservative clap-trap "attack", by people who have no clue what this is all about, from the very basics onwards.

Complex issues, complex answers, as "answers" go, in terms of "potential", i.e. "could be sorted out".

I will just remind the wise-arse conservatives amongst us that a Hungarian doctor who saved who knows how many babies, failed to persuade his illustrious colleagues at the time, to wash their hands before medical procedures they undertook. It took ages before this was standard practice. In the meantime, the conservative establishment drove him to suicide, via ridicule and terrible pressure by which they played power games, instead of dealing with the issues, reading newest science etc. Or the horror that "lethal speed" of 25mph was seen by the public, when railways were introduced. Or..... You get the picture.

I am sick and tired of such geniuses who only judge Future by here and now, people who know it all, who have seen the future. I haven't.

It's pointless to talk to such geniuses.
You are a colossal bellend.

Oh hang on a minute, I remember you now Gorski. You must have been away for a while. I went and read some of your other threads and they all go like this. A barely coherent OP, reasonable questions of it, followed by insults and accusations of being too stupid or narrow minded to see your greatness. Well. Fuck that and fuck you :D

Nothing like it. People - like you now - provoke and stir shit, full of prejudices, full of themselves, not exactly full of PhDs on the subjects but nevertheless...:facepalm:

So, fuck that, fuck such people and such attitudes, actually... All together! :D

Let's see some of yous come up with some idea that gets awards... ;)

In the meantime, I am the Devil's advocate... :p

Last edited:
Nothing like it. People - like you now - provoke and stir shit, full of prejudices, full of themselves, not exactly full of PhDs on the subjects but nevertheless...:facepalm:

So, fuck that, fuck such people and such attitudes, actually... All together! :D

Let's see some of yous come up with some idea that gets awards... ;)

In the meantime, I am the Devil's advocate... :p
You are a genuine, fully fledged, prime specimen, idiot.

It's people like you who pollute this Earth, in the Human sense of the word - I feel disgusted not simply by reading your drivel but by what your spirit "feels" like... completely crippled!

Since I heard of them I am "off" of them...

But many on this forum are permanently on some much more potent stuff that makes them... oh, well... beyond hope...

Serious question gorski: please at least try to answer it.

What should we do?

Some thoughts:

* Do we Invest everything we've got in these roads? Divert funding from other renewables into this? Or perhaps use all vehicle excise duty, leaving the old roads to run out their life span?
* Do a full, nationwide/worldwide roll-out and assume it's going to work? Maybe a test pilot in one area? Where? Somewhere sunny, I presume. What if it's successful? All out roll-out in non-sunny places?
* What if it doesn't work? What if we replace the entire world's roads with glass and we don't gain any energy from them? What if the roads are dangerous? What if there isn't enough materials to replace every car with electric cars? What happens in the event a road malfunctions? How will we know which lane to be in? How will a malfunctioning, snow-covered glass road be safe to drive on?

I've ignored the stuff about the numbers (mainly). Let's assume it's going to generate enough. The above questions are still valid.

Utterly butterly!

I don't know where to start.

From you million presumptions, to wilfully ignoring...

AAAAAAAAAAaCCCCCHHHHHHHHH, FORGET IT!!! What would be the point, with people like you?!?

It is, the level of sheer conservatism, arrogance and.... Go travel, see the world, read about other countries and their efforts, different strategies... Start from this thread - but REALLY read it... (Duh!!!)

It's people like you who pollute this Earth, in the Human sense of the word - I feel disgusted not simply by reading your drivel but by what your spirit "feels" like... completely crippled!
I didn't realised you'd joined the nazi party in your time away.

I always was a Social Democrat, whereas you always were a Nazi bitch, working for da Man! Sure, you wanna present yourself as this or that from the Left but! You are a God-sent to the powers that be, putting people off from worthy causes, movements, parties...

It is your aggression and arrogance, that stinking attitude of yours alone, which puts God knows how many people off the stuff they could be doing! You're a bloody mole and somebody should start realising you only spread the worst kind of spirit among everybody you come in contact with.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if one day we find your name in the MI-X archives, as their little puppy... You see, I went through proper Stalinism and I saw guys like you, agent provocateurs galore, selling their arses for next to nothing...

So, to me, when I see you post - I cringe instantly... And I have loadsa PMs thanking me for showing through your bullying bullshit! Ergo, fuck off!

Back
Top Bottom