Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Energy problem solved!!!???!!!

Rude and stupid. Good luck with your mission to solve the worlds energy problems :facepalm:

Better rude than an idiot, such as your good self, from the very first, highly sophisticated post, where you demonstrate exceedingly high interest in your world's potential solutions to burning problems... Very motivating, your posts!!! :rolleyes: :D

Most "research and development" is actually a refinement on an existing, proven technology.

Listen, you really have no brains whatsoever: by that "logic" we NEVER could have come down from the trees, stood up, started messing with fire, tools and anything remotely "novel", since novelty never IS! You future is nothing but past! Nothing really new could ever happen by that "brains" of yours! FFS!!! Check your compass, for crying out loud! Humans are nothing without freedom, creativity, imagination, future!!! (Bonkers!!! :facepalm: )

An LED road that cures ebola and can send men to Mars is batshit.

Hegel has great paragraphs where he asks "What does Napoleon's maid "know" about the man?" Hegel says they can't exactly see much more than dirty underwear and mess people such as Napoleon create... :rolleyes: Such is your good self. The idea here is reduced to LED... Bravo!:rolleyes: What an effort you made in this thread!!! :D

If it was worthwhile, they'd be swimming in investment, regardless what the conspiracy theorists say about energy companies shutting down alternative energy sources.

They are not only trying to buy them off (nothing to do with conspiracies but interests) but also assassinating some of them... This is a very serious threat to many...

In this case, they have won many an award (that's infinitely more than you and your ilk!!! :D ), including US Govs competition for the problem US Gov posed. Go figure.

Fuck, if there was 4 trillion dollars to be made, the energy companies themselves would be the main investors.

Another one who knows it all... Well, I have a little bit more humility in all this and I will not speculate as to what they know or do not know... That would be extremely stupid!

Dave Jones sums up solar roads pretty well, with some rough calculations to prove why they can't work.

From what I understand the issues, technically speaking, the losses over such vast distances are substantial, making it non-economical, at the moment.

Hence the need for science/tech improvements before this is a winner... (Else, DESERTEC would have been in business by now...)

But I hope I am wrong on this one...

Dave Jones sums up solar roads pretty well, with some rough calculations to prove why they can't work.

Maybe, at this stage of development of the tech involved, in the region...

But a few years down the line, say in the tropics...

Who knows... We'll see soon enough... ;)

Maybe, at this stage of development of the tech involved, in the region...

But a few years down the line, say in the tropics...

Who knows... We'll see soon enough... ;)
It isn't that simple, watch the video, transmission losses are only one small part. In the 'soon' few years we'll look back on this thread and it'll still be a nice idea but totally impractical.

gorski do you drive ?, or cycle ?
Have you real life experience of controlling a wheeled vehicle on tarmac ?

I do know of one very rational application of solar energy in transportation.
This guy's figures really DO add up - though it's problematic if you need to use a roof rack on a regular basis and may not work well outside Australia ... or if you keep your car under cover.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?an...v&list=PL865B037D5910EC09&src_vid=FrSNQbwY1Wo

It isn't that simple, watch the video, transmission losses are only one small part. In the 'soon' few years we'll look back on this thread and it'll still be a nice idea but totally impractical.

...said Edison of Tesla's ideas of electricity...

Unlike you, I haven't seen the future...

You can claim all that if you want...

...said Edison of Tesla's ideas of electricity...

Unlike you, I haven't seen the future...

You can claim all that if you want...
Yeah, I doubt very much that he did. For a start YouTube didn't exist then.

I studied electronic engineering at university. I watched the video, have you done either?

This thread will be here in two years. Let's check back then. I recon it'll still be a pipe dream at best.

You have no clue about the Tesla - Edison dispute, if you state what you have just stated.

Why wait 2 years? Why not tomorrow? Or in 2 minutes? :rolleyes:

And the costs would have to plummet. Without subsidies panels can almost pay for themselves over a 25 year period. If they are to pay for themselves over a five year period then that's a cut of 80%. That's a lot.

If you only read a bit - "over the course of their lifetime" (or words to that effect) was the US Gov condition, in the competition they won...

Secondly, Science and Tech are not possible to judge by today's standards and achievements only, which is what most of the "wise arses" are doing most of the time, when they are trying to "predict" the outcomes of xyz, as I have also warned already, several times.... But why not be a wise arse if you can possibly help it...

Moreover, these would not only be roads and energy collectors... Even if they have to be painted... :rolleyes:

Glass as a material was advised to them by most people from Academia... Obviously, not the same glass as the idiots without any achievements behind them are bitching, trying to get themselves noticed... rather desperately...

One more thing: "testing phase" around their house and on two poligons is NOT exactly dangerous, wise arses... :rolleyes: That is the meaning of "testing", so they will NOT be dangerous to drive on... Clever dicks - yeah, they were gonna roll it immediately onto the wider community... Now, why didn't they think of "be cautious"... :rolleyes: It seems they really are stupid! :rolleyes: :D

And even if this only worked in tropics and sub-tropics - I still think it would be of great advantage to all the countries (and hence the world) that could use them... Not much snow there, wasting energy on heating them... :D

Also, used together with other renewables... Oh, well...

But don't let all this stop you... :rolleyes:

bonkers plan. totally unrealistic.

led lane markings LOL

So many things wrong with this plan. Maintenance alone would cost more than anything they produce. Magical self cleaning glass? Absolute stark raving bonkers.

Last edited:
Yeah, all such ambitious schemes had to go against "reality", throughout our history...

There's ambitious and then there's totally unrealistic. This is the later. This isn't just a pipe dream, based on what we know about solar and electronics in general it's a fucking idiotic idea that has no chance of working whatsoever.

Sure, invest in more efficient solar panels, more robust solar panels, cheaper to manufacture panels, that's a Good Thing. It's being done as we speak and not by these guys.

We'll see fusion power before we see this. And I'm not sure we'll ever see fusion.

It's a good thing you and your ilk on this thread have all this knowledge of Future in your left pinky... :rolleyes: I mean, the CP or USSR would have been proud of you, guys, because you have the knowledge of History! :rolleyes: :D

Any of yous ever said "it seems to me"? :rolleyes:

It's a good thing you and your ilk on this thread have all this knowledge of Future in your left pinky... :rolleyes: I mean, the CP or USSR would have been proud of you, guys, because you have the knowledge of History! :rolleyes: :D

Any of yous ever said "it seems to me"? :rolleyes:

Yes, it will be the power of positive thought that saves us from an energy crisis. We'll power our lightbulbs with that.

Use your noggin. Apply some critical thinking here.

gorski What we have is decades of watching this stuff.
There's nothing new here.
It's simply crazily duff engineering - starting with the functionality of the road surface - a technology that hasn't changed much since the Romans.

I suspect you have only ever used public transport - never ridden a bike since you were a kid ?

Back
Top Bottom