Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Emirates Plane lands at JFK with Passengers Infected with Mystery Bug

Do they still do that thing in some parts of the world where cabin crew walk down the aisle spraying some horrid aerosol disinfectant spray before letting people disembark?

They did that on a flight I was on once to Singapore, or Malaysia or somewhere. Smelled horrid, like cat flea spray or something.

in thriller story world its an attempted biological attack like ebola. If it turns out to be this I'll hate to be right, and fiction will be deprived of another good story idea by reality. But, infect a whole flight full of people going many different parts of the country of target, result. Even small contained outbreaks will put the shit right up everyone.

Its not going to be that.

Do they still do that thing in some parts of the world where cabin crew walk down the aisle spraying some horrid aerosol disinfectant spray before letting people disembark?

They did that on a flight I was on once to Singapore, or Malaysia or somewhere. Smelled horrid, like cat flea spray or something.

Yeah, they do. Not flying within the EU mind. I think that stuff must be pretty toxic, its the cabin crew and very frequent flyers I feel sorry for. That shit has to be carcinogenic.

Loads of flights; all flights that land in Oz from anywhere outside Oz, in to the UK from Indian sub-continent and sub-Saharan Africa especially.

in thriller story world its an attempted biological attack like ebola. If it turns out to be this I'll hate to be right, and fiction will be deprived of another good story idea by reality. But, infect a whole flight full of people going many different parts of the country of target, result. Even small contained outbreaks will put the shit right up everyone.

That was my first thought too, when I heard the story on the news.

You'd pick an agent that wouldn't cause symptoms until X hours after exposure, where X is sufficiently longer than the duration of the flight to allow for onward travel before alarms were raised.

That's the trouble with the real world, it's always so sloppily written. Real ITV2 daytime schedule stuff.

Back
Top Bottom