Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Egypt vs Uruguay (Group A) - 13:00 - 15/06/2018

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Watching this one (BBC thankfully) today.

Am rooting for Egypt mainly because of Salah but also because they are the underdog :) Am expecting a Uruguay win though, with Suarez and Cavani up front they will be very hard to contain.

Also it is Salah's birthday today (please don't get injured) :eek:

By a happy coincidence, I'm working from home this afternoon.:D

I like Salah, but the nagging feeling that he checked out of the Champs League Final when he wasn't badly damaged is effecting my support.....

Managed to get iPlayer streaming on my work pc. Going to be doing a lot of skiving over the next 2 hours :cool::thumbs:

Apparently this is the stadium where they realised it wasn't big enough and so put in temporary seating. Superb :D
The thing's a death trap :eek:
16_stadium.jpg

Last edited:
They just showed some footage from it!

Just loving the irony of getting in all these extra seats only for the regular sits to remain empty, presumably because they're too expensive.

"suarez looks like he's pulling a caravan"

On this showing, Uruguay will scrubbed off the list of "potential dark horses". Piss poor. Egypt look solid. Salah to come on as sub and win the game.

Commentators talking earlier about Suarez being 'mentally' off his game :hmm: Uruguay have not been great but Suarez (miss aside) has not been a lot (if at all) worse than others. Is there something up with him?

From Twitter
Call me an old romantic if you must, but there would be nothing more beautiful than some brilliant Mo Salah displays getting Egypt out of their group, playing Sergio Ramos's Spain in the knock-out stages, and Ramos dislocating Salah's other fucking shoulder.

I'm feeling poorly today so I'm grateful there's some football on for me to collapse in front of. Egypt look pretty good.

If it stays like this, you'd think Egypt wouldn't risk Salah. A draw with Uruguay isn't bad, and you give him a chance to be closer to 100% in your subsequent two games against opposition where he could do more damage.

Back
Top Bottom