Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ed Stafford: 60 Days On The Estates.

Haven't watched it but probably should , I've managed housing on Council Estates since 2009 , and on Social Housing Estates since 1995 , so it probably won't surprise me tbf .

It would be helpful to know what channel this on, so I can watch it on whatever catch-up service.

I watched this and TBH it made me really angry.

It was billed as being about social housing but was completely sensationalist. Most people in social housing, including on notorious estates, are just ordinary people trying to go about their lives, but people like that don't make good TV.

I think it might.
In nearly 30 years of working in the sector, I have dealt with crack houses, smack addicts, drunks, anti-social behaviour, child abuse, paedophilia , rape, domestic violence, suicide, death, and plenty of other unpleasant things - and still the majority of tenants I have come across have been reasonable people just getting on with their lives, working, having kids, retiring ,etc.

I watched this and TBH it made me really angry.

It was billed as being about social housing but was completely sensationalist. Most people in social housing, including on notorious estates, are just ordinary people trying to go about their lives, but people like that don't make good TV.
exactly.

Programmes like this are always sensationalist,Don't even have to watch it to know what it will be like.Having lived on a council estate for over 30 years and at one time during the 90s was considered a troubled estate because of a few problematic families,Which we didn't recognize,Always considered it to be a quiet and peaceful area.

Programmes like this are always sensationalist,Don't even have to watch it to know what it will be like.Having lived on a council estate for over 30 years and at one time during the 90s was considered a troubled estate because of a few problematic families,Which we didn't recognize,Always considered it to be a quiet and peaceful area.
I've been to plenty of "troubled" estates over the past 30 years , in North/East/West/Central London , totally agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom