Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dyed hair HIDEOUS colour in ERROR

From someone who has made EXACTLY this mistake and is soooo feeling your pain, I think you should go for dark brown (Nice N' Easy 120 Natural Dark Brown) it won't take all the red out of it but will take the luminous edge off and should leave it all gorgeous, rich and SUBTLE!

Good luck and post more pics when it's sorted. :)

Accidental red is a nightmare. I dyed my hair a reddy colour years ago, I had it dyed back to my natural colour - once professionally! - several times and no dice. The red always comes through after a few washes.

I had to grow it out, you can still see it in the ends. A few more good cuts and I'll be free forever. :hmm:

I really like it
I'd love to have bright red hair. Not that that's bright red. If you don't want it to be. I mean the colour's good but it maybe doesn't suit coz we didn't see your face in the photo. I'll stop now, eh? :hmm:

<boring answer>Go to a professional hair colourist; they know what they are doing with chemicals, and take the empty packaging of the stuff you used with you.</boring answer>

Hmm.
I'm not even going to offer you my opinion or advice because you seem to think there is something wring with having reddish hair and I'm affronted.
*folds arms*

From someone who has made EXACTLY this mistake and is soooo feeling your pain, I think you should go for dark brown (Nice N' Easy 120 Natural Dark Brown) it won't take all the red out of it but will take the luminous edge off and should leave it all gorgeous, rich and SUBTLE!

Good luck and post more pics when it's sorted. :)

I LITERALLY read this in the check out queue at Sainsbury's with 120 in my hand :lol: went back for 121a natural darkest brown

Soz SBL - I have been thinking of you and your barnet during this nightmare :(

I tired to take one but it doesn't look that bad :hmm: BUT IT IS!

photo-748454.jpg

that colour is FIT.

(((5t3IIa)))

I can remember having bad hair dyes years ago. It was horrid leaving the house and feeling like everyone is looking at you! Hope you're happy with it again asap.

Because what she doesn't want to admit publicly is that it was her adoration of me that made her pick up the original hair dye
Or maybe she was thinking 'OMG, this happened to Shifty at birth!' :(

OK. I have 121A on now. Fumes :(

So - something I failed to mention yesterday in the face of Purple Crisis was that I even managed to cock up the application. I must be used to a bottle of white stuff that a tube of other stuff (colour) is squeezed into then the bottle is shaken... or something. But Nice n Easy comes with a bottle of white stuff, a tube of conditioner and another bottle of actual colour and I got confused and squeezed the tube of conditioner into the BoWS :facepalm:

So, I was sitting on veranda, quaffing cava waiting for the 25 minute warning to go off and my mate said 'Your ends still look all blondish...' and we investigated and discovered what I'd done :facepalm: Of course, then would have been the time to abandon whole enterprise but hindsight's a cunt, you know. So I just dumped the bottle of colour on my noggin and pretended it was all going to be fine, which in a way it was but in other ways it was not.

Anyway. Yesterday in Sainsbury's I pick up a box of NnE 121A and it feels a bit light. I pick up another and it feels as expected so I looked in the first box and someone had shoplifted the bottle of white stuff and the tube of conditioner and left the bottle of colour :D So, in a way, the universe is re-balanced :)

LOL :D

My bezzer's forgotten to add the dye before...and we've got ten minutes in before I've wondered why the liquid in the bottle has no colour.... :confused: :hmm: :facepalm:

OK. It's too dark and too blue but anything's better than red.

No score draw for this adventure, I think.

photo-703609.jpg

Thanks for all your support. I'm not your girliest of girls but I did feel like weeping yesterday morning :rolleyes:

I've left out the coulour part when sticking these on my head before. Clearly this is a normal healthy mistake to make. That was a day I had to put 3 different dyes on when it kept going wrong. Remarkably my hair hasn't fallen out, you can pretty much abuse it with shop dyes all you want, I find.

ooh - that's a nice pic. Ok I get that that colour suits you.

I've left out the coulour part when sticking these on my head before. Clearly this is a normal healthy mistake to make. That was a day I had to put 3 different dyes on when it kept going wrong. Remarkably my hair hasn't fallen out, you can pretty much abuse it with shop dyes all you want, I find.

ooh - that's a nice pic. Ok I get that that colour suits you.

I'm just brown. Some things can't be messed with :)

I sort of did this is lieu of getting my split ends trimmed as I really like having long(ish) hair but I'm going to have to bite bullet and pay for a haircut :(

I sort of did this is lieu of getting my split ends trimmed as I really like having long(ish) hair but I'm going to have to bite bullet and pay for a haircut :(

You're meant to get split ends trimmed :confused:?
I cut a matted tangle out of mine the other day, and cut a few inches off one side when it seemed to have burnt once. I think that's more than reasonable upkeep.

It looks good! I'll cut it for you :D

Back
Top Bottom