Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

Interesting pick up. He's certainly been a regular goalscorer over the last two years for Folkestone. Remember him being a really busy forward when he's played versus us.

I don't recall us picking up many younger, promising players from leagues below in recent seasons and it's an approach I've wondered if we will start to utilise more. Players with an upwards trajectory.

How similar is this guy to Dipo then, style-wise? Can’t say I remember him from our game against them season before last.

I just remember him being a barrel-chested, busy striker. I could be wrong but I don't think he's in the Thompson-mould. The fact that he's a goal-scoring centre forward is the bit that makes me think he's a threat to Dipo!

I just remember him being a barrel-chested, busy striker. I could be wrong but I don't think he's in the Thompson-mould. The fact that he's a goal-scoring centre forward is the bit that makes me think he's a threat to Dipo!

I wouldn’t mind having two 20 goal a season bruises leading the line... Thompson does as much with his feet as he does in the air, has a very good first touch and pass but didn’t score enough.

Dipo should stay. He scores goals. He was in and out of the team during the first half the season and only really got a run of games towards the end.

Invicta fan here in peace. Thought I'd pop in & see your reaction on this news.

Well spotted seeing this article. Just breaking news for us Folkestone fans. There will definitely be discussion at :: First Team / General Chat / News | Folkestone Invicta Fans' Unofficial Forum

You've got a cracking striker in Ade. Absolute goal machine & definitely a player above Isthmian level.
However, he's going to split opinion. He's either:

- Greedy non-team player
- Goal machine

He'll frustrate & delight in equal measure. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I think the fact that he a) played in the Champions League b) played for Ghana and c) scored against us last season proves that he's not "shit".

Living in the past as usual. Hampton fans think he is shit. Their manager thinks he is shit.

His scoring record second half of last season says he is shit.

But he is obviously not a threat to Dipo so maybe we should sign him.

If someone is "a threat" to an existing player because he's better that's fine by me.

I'll be surprised if Gavin doesn't want to keep Dipo. He signed him three times in consecutive seasons including loan spells and he remains a young and improving player with potential to get better.

I'm sure there will be plenty more movement in and out before the new season and we need options in all positions, so it seems a bit premature to suggest that a particular player might leave just because we've signed one new man. Especially as the only player who's definitely left is also a striker, an area where we appeared a bit light in numbers after Decarrey Sheriff's loan finished.

Living in the past as usual. Hampton fans think he is shit. Their manager thinks he is shit.

His scoring record second half of last season says he is shit.

But he is obviously not a threat to Dipo so maybe we should sign him.

And you wonder why Gavin has never invited you to join his scouting team? Scored in both wins against the Hamlet last season and was the Beavers leading scorer with nearly half their league goals. Given Hampton are heavily bankrolled by the chairman wouldn’t surprise me that there’s been a bit of cloth cutting at the Beveree in the close season.

And you wonder why Gavin has never invited you to join his scouting team? Scored in both wins against the Hamlet last season and was the Beavers leading scorer with nearly half their league goals. Given Hampton are heavily bankrolled by the chairman wouldn’t surprise me that there’s been a bit of cloth cutting at the Beveree in the close season.

I’m sure if Gavin agrees with Moroccan Sunset then he will try and sign him. Maybe Dickson will take the money somewhere else again rather than play for us.

Or maybe Gavin knows that he is finished.

I think the fact that he a) played in the Champions League b) played for Ghana and c) scored against us last season proves that he's not "shit".

Wowee, a bona fide star of the Cypriot Top League no less! Played in a smattering of European fixtures seven years ago. Awesome. So impressive. What a massive footballing colossus the man must still be today.

Danny Carr oakyered in Europe; yet his second spell with us was quite objectively shit, non?

Does the novelty of simply having played in early rounds of European football make a player ‘not shit’ by default? (And if yes, is the same true seven years later?)

And his international career of 11+ years ago was hardly a success? Just two caps in inconsequential games and never considered again.

Last edited:
Wowee, a bona fide star of the Cypriot Top League no less! Played in a smattering of European fixtures seven years ago. Awesome. So impressive. What a massive footballing colossus the man must still be today.

Danny Carr oakyered in Europe; yet his second spell with us was quite objectively shit, non?

Does the novelty of simply having played in early rounds of European football make a player ‘not shit’ by default? (And if yes, is the same true seven years later?)

And his international career of 11+ years ago was hardly a success? Just two caps in inconsequential games and never considered again.

Tbf Moroccan Sunset loves him because he used to play for us and I don’t love him cos he chose to play for someone else at the same level as us (for more money). Thus proving he doesn’t love Moroccan Sunset

Ooh. I haven't had such a vehement response to a post since I suggested Clunis could only play on the right wing. And from an expert of the Cypriot Leagues, as well! I'm almost flattered.

All I did was note that he'd been released and that he wasn't 'shit'. Unless I've completely forgotten myself, I don't think I ever referred to him as, or suggested that he is 'a massive footballing colossus.' Thought he still looked capable of causing problems on the two occasions that I saw him last season - which he did, particularly when he scored against us in both games.

Does anyone have a list of top Hamlet goal scorers by season for the past 10 years , I can't think that we have had a regular 20+ goal scorer for a while?

Back
Top Bottom