Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

Shame, not a real surprise. I like Thompson but do feel we can do better - he's injuries held him back to get a consistent run of games throughout the year. Roll on the signings.
Yes, I liked him too. We certainly need that type of player in the squad who give a real focal point and a physical presence to the attack, more so in this division than in the Isthmian League I think. I had a feeling he'd be released, although he started most games he seemed to have a few niggling injuries and was often substituted early in the second half; I was never quite sure whether that was down to stamina or purely tactical, but I often felt we lost a bit of the initiative in games where he went off while we were leading.

Liam mentioned at the supporters' meeting last night that he was one of the few non-contract players, and he's basically announced his own departure which is his prerogative. We shouldn't expect to hear of contract players leaving or new ones signing just yet as there are procedures to be followed and players looking for deals elsewhere have a stronger bargaining position if we haven't told everyone they're going, so I guess it's a sort of favour to the player for services rendered.

Yes, I liked him too. We certainly need that type of player in the squad who give a real focal point and a physical presence to the attack

Dan Thompson won a lot of headers and I liked that. We haven't had a forward that won that many headers since ............ (tell me I am wrong) ......Willie Lillington!

I think you would have to be more than 30 years old to agree with me. So that rules you out Mr BIG

Dan Thompson won a lot of headers and I liked that. We haven't had a forward that won that many headers since ............ (tell me I am wrong) ......Willie Lillington!

I think you would have to be more than 30 years old to agree with me. So that rules you out Mr BIG

A bizarre compliment since I’m 40 :D

Last edited:

Harry Ottaway was pretty good in the air

Obviously a few players on this list have probably played their final game for the club, but I'll try to make it easy to keep track of the comings and goings as they occur by starting this off. (I haven't included played loaned from other clubs on the assumption that they won't be back unless released by their parent club.)

Current squad (players who made a first team appearance in 2018/19)
Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Michael Chambers
Nyren Clunis
Anthony Cook
Preston Edwards
Jacob Erskine
Nathan Ferguson
Nathan Green
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Sanchez Ming
Magnus Okuonghae
Michael Onovwigun
Jay Rich Baghuelou
Jamie Splatt
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Departures
Dan Thompson

Obviously a few players on this list have probably played their final game for the club, but I'll try to make it easy to keep track of the comings and goings as they occur by starting this off. (I haven't included played loaned from other clubs on the assumption that they won't be back unless released by their parent club.)

Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Michael Chambers
Nyren Clunis
Anthony Cook
Preston Edwards
Jacob Erskine
Nathan Ferguson
Nathan Green
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Sanchez Ming
Magnus Okuonghae
Michael Onovwigun
Jay Rich Baghuelou
Jamie Splatt
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Departures
Dan Thompson

What about Aziz Deen-Conteh? He was an unused sub twice this season, and there was no Tweet to mark his departure, so he must be still on the books!

Alas I don’t have those stats this year, from memory Splatt and Guimaraes both had one sub app and Sardinha started one game.

Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Michael Chambers
Nyren Clunis
Anthony Cook
Preston Edwards
Jacob Erskine
Nathan Ferguson
Nathan Green
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Sanchez Ming
Magnus Okuonghae
Michael Onovwigun
Jay Rich Baghuelou
Jamie Splatt
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Departures
Dan Thompson

The club will release details of signings/re-signings in due course but the whereabouts of other players will more likely be brought to our attention by the signings announced by other clubs.

All players are free agents if either non-contract or over 24. New contracts have been offered to some and if/when they sign details will be released.

Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Michael Chambers
Nyren Clunis
Anthony Cook
Preston Edwards
Jacob Erskine
Nathan Ferguson
Nathan Green
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Sanchez Ming
Magnus Okuonghae
Michael Onovwigun
Jay Rich Baghuelou
Jamie Splatt
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Departures
Dan Thompson
I thought Charlie Allen was a loanee

I thought Charlie Allen was a loanee
He was clearly not match fit but my hope was that we got him into the squad when we could with a view to getting him properly fit for next season. He played about a dozen games for Grays Athletic before joining us and before that had been playing county league football with Reading City, but he's got the pedigree to perform at our level if fully fit.

Similar with Jacob Erskine, who was still involved in the matchday warm up sessions during the final month of the season.

Back
Top Bottom