Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I could write pages of highlights. A rambling list of thousands. Might try some categories.

Best Home Game: Maidstone, probably
Best Away Game: Enfield
Best Goal: Erhun at Hemel
Best Victory: Moral
Best Flag: PartisanDulwich's blue and pink double
Best Banner: The Wank-Bunker Cooperative's 'History is the judge...'
Best Comeback: away at Margate in the league
Opposition Owner Who Sounded Most Like An Android: away at Margate in the league
Latest Kick-off: away at Margate in the league
Best Pre-Match Reasonably Priced Real Ale Pub Fifteen Minutes From The Ground: away at Margate in the league
Most Closed Art Galleries: away at Margate in the league

Really tempted to write my 'top 10 Erhun goals ever' post now, but will just respond to Vornstyle's post and add a few categories of my own:

BHG - Maidstone for euphoria, but I hold a soft spot for our balmy-evening battering of Cray early in the season.
BAG - Between Enfield and Margate away in the league, and Margate away in the cup.
Best Goal - Erhun at Hemel.
Best Goal After Erhun at Hemel - Erhun at home to East Thurrock.
Best Goal After Erhun's Goals - Either Nyren at Maidstone, Vidal at Enfield or that tiki-taka Kevin James one at home to Lewes.
Best Victory - Margate away in the league.
Best Flag - I like the Tuscany one.
Best Banner - Soul Taxi, for reasonably selfish reasons.
Best Comeback - Margate away in the league.
OOWSMLAA - Margate away in the league.
Opposition Owner Who Looked Most Like A Cross Between Ian Botham And Pat Mustard Out Of Father Ted - Hemel away.
Latest Kick-off - Margate away in the league.
Closest Dulwich Came To Getting Me Sacked This Season - Margate away in the league.
BPMRPRAPFMFTG - Margate away in the league, although 'fifteen minutes' is only true if you run, climb over a load of walls and then short-cut through a leisure centre.
Most Closed Art Galleries - Confusing, because the Turner Contemporary itself wasn't actually closed, only one of the galleries inside it.
Best Possible Wife Swapping Sweet Shop Owners Who Seemed Like Characters From A Mid-Period Blur Song - Margate away in the league.
Best Toby Carvery I Almost Went Into And Then Decided Not To, Disgusted - Hemel away.
On-Pitch Moment Of The Season - Daly's DDCM at Enfield.
Off-Pitch Moment Of The Season - 'My mum only lets me watch sequels'.
Contrarian's Player Of The Season - Kevin James.
Moment You Realised We Wouldn't Get Promoted - Kingstonian away. You could just sense things weren't rolling our way.

I could write pages of highlights. A rambling list of thousands. Might try some categories.

Best Home Game: Maidstone, probably
Best Away Game: Enfield
Best Goal: Erhun at Hemel
Best Victory: Moral
Best Flag: PartisanDulwich's blue and pink double
Best Banner: The Wank-Bunker Cooperative's 'History is the judge...'
Best Comeback: away at Margate in the league
Opposition Owner Who Sounded Most Like An Android: away at Margate in the league
Latest Kick-off: away at Margate in the league
Best Pre-Match Reasonably Priced Real Ale Pub Fifteen Minutes From The Ground: away at Margate in the league
Most Closed Art Galleries: away at Margate in the league
Really tempted to write my 'top 10 Erhun goals ever' post now, but will just respond to Vornstyle's post and add a few categories of my own:

BHG - Maidstone for euphoria, but I hold a soft spot for our balmy-evening battering of Cray early in the season.
BAG - Between Enfield and Margate away in the league, and Margate away in the cup.
Best Goal - Erhun at Hemel.
Best Goal After Erhun at Hemel - Erhun at home to East Thurrock.
Best Goal After Erhun's Goals - Either Nyren at Maidstone, Vidal at Enfield or that tiki-taka Kevin James one at home to Lewes.
Best Victory - Margate away in the league.
Best Flag - I like the Tuscany one.
Best Banner - Soul Taxi, for reasonably selfish reasons.
Best Comeback - Margate away in the league.
OOWSMLAA - Margate away in the league.
Opposition Owner Who Looked Most Like A Cross Between Ian Botham And Pat Mustard Out Of Father Ted - Hemel away.
Latest Kick-off - Margate away in the league.
Closest Dulwich Came To Getting Me Sacked This Season - Margate away in the league.
BPMRPRAPFMFTG - Margate away in the league, although 'fifteen minutes' is only true if you run, climb over a load of walls and then short-cut through a leisure centre.
Most Closed Art Galleries - Confusing, because the Turner Contemporary itself wasn't actually closed, only one of the galleries inside it.
Best Possible Wife Swapping Sweet Shop Owners Who Seemed Like Characters From A Mid-Period Blur Song - Margate away in the league.
Best Toby Carvery I Almost Went Into And Then Decided Not To, Disgusted - Hemel away.
On-Pitch Moment Of The Season - Daly's DDCM at Enfield.
Off-Pitch Moment Of The Season - 'My mum only lets me watch sequels'.
Contrarian's Player Of The Season - Kevin James.
Moment You Realised We Wouldn't Get Promoted - Kingstonian away. You could just sense things weren't rolling our way.

lucky we didnt get promoted then.... as Margate seems a must next year :D

I think Margate have one of the top five places sewn up already, although I suspect they'll win it outright, then get to the Conference before crashing and burning for the usual reasons. So: one play-off place lost to financial doping already. Any others? Well, I don't see how Peacehaven & Telscombe (combined population: less than the five-flat block I live in) have won the D1S with more than 100 points this season unless they've got silly money behind them, and I think VCD from the D1N also look a bit suspicious, although they might hit a ceiling like Thamesmead did this year.

Other teams I expect to be a force: whoever out of Ks, Bognor, Honrchurch and Lowestoft don't go up, Lewes, Hampton and Richmond, Guernsey (if they come up), Hayes if they get into their new ground. I think it's going to be a really tough league next year.

Hi urbanites, I was wondering if I could ask a favour. As I mentioned to some of you on Saturday, I've started writing a blog about Erhun to go on my football website (the one which had the Gavin interview).

I'd like to have a list of the best Erhun moments of his time at Dulwich. Would any of you be interested in sending me some? Wouldn't have to be too long (around 150 words) and I'll put it together with some of editor's lovely pictures and Youtube videos. They wouldn't all have to be goals, it could be any moment of skill or sheer Turkish brilliance - whatever you like. I thought it could be a nice way to say 'Thank you' and also inform fans of his new club about what they have in store.

Sorry if this is treading on your toes a little Joe K, I'm sure they'll be a fair bit of overlap!

Hi urbanites, I was wondering if I could ask a favour. As I mentioned to some of you on Saturday, I've started writing a blog about Erhun to go on my football website (the one which had the Gavin interview).

I'd like to have a list of the best Erhun moments of his time at Dulwich. Would any of you be interested in sending me some? Wouldn't have to be too long (around 150 words) and I'll put it together with some of editor's lovely pictures and Youtube videos. They wouldn't all have to be goals, it could be any moment of skill or sheer Turkish brilliance - whatever you like. I thought it could be a nice way to say 'Thank you' and also inform fans of his new club about what they have in store.

Sorry if this is treading on your toes a little Joe K, I'm sure they'll be a fair bit of overlap!

That lovely little flick that Brixton Hatter put on this thread a while ago would be perfect.

The inevitable gif..

yAfVDU.gif

Late shout out for 'Again & Again' by Roots Manuva.

Here's the gif.

Fantastic season. Felt as good as last, even though we didn't actually win anything, due to being back in the Premier Division. Better opposition, very few really easy wins, but still almost as many wins. The amazing thing was the way the crowd numbers seemed to keep growing through the second half of the season as our form dipped, especially the numbers travelling away. Well over 100 at all the Saturday away games in the final couple of months.

I persuaded a fiend to come along on Saturday and he also roped in his brohter, who was staying with him for the weekend. They're Kilmarnock supporters and they loved it!

Fantastic season. Felt as good as last, even though we didn't actually win anything, due to being back in the Premier Division. Better opposition, very few really easy wins, but still almost as many wins. The amazing thing was the way the crowd numbers seemed to keep growing through the second half of the season as our form dipped, especially the numbers travelling away. Well over 100 at all the Saturday away games in the final couple of months.

I persuaded a fiend to come along on Saturday and he also roped in his brohter, who was staying with him for the weekend. They're Kilmarnock supporters and they loved it!
My first game was the 4-2 at home to Harrow B - got totally drenched when the sky turned black and the heavens opened in the second half. Have been to 7 games since, two away including the post-game interpretive dance and percussion workshop at Billericay and the lovely trip to the strange world of greenery, Porsches and low-flying aircraft on Easter Monday at Hampton. No matter the result, it's been more fun than I could have imagined. I'm happy to have met those who I have, and look forward to meeting more of you over the summer/next season and beyond!

Anyone know final numbers for tonight's game at Leatherhead?

It's tempting but I'm going to give me liver/wallet a rest for a little bit. Not sure I'm capable of going to a football match without drinking about five pints.:oops:

I'm not aware of their presence on this forum but I did overhear a rabbler telling a friend of an extended 'Easter bender involving some questionable substances'...

If and when I can muster the energy to write a long piece about this season I will. Missed only 4 league matches all season so pretty much saw it all.

I'm aware of five so far. You, me, Champion_hill , Dulwich Mishi and pettyboy . Any more? We are on the 18.24 from Waterloo, stopping at Clapham Junction. Come join the Guernsey revolution...

I'd love to but finances dictate. Being sensible and spending my saved play-off money sensibly.

Surprised you missed as many as four. Can't remember a match you weren't at. Was Leiston away one?

All away games. Bury and Leiston because of long Tuesday night away. Bognor because I was just busy and Cray as it was my Mum's 50th birthday (thanks for the love towards her last Monday in the worlds end!)

Think I missed eighteen league games, which I'm surprised by. Certainly didn't feel like that many. Double-missed Bognor, Grays, Billericay and Leiston which accounts for eight, jibbed Hendon at home, couldn't make Cray, Lowestoft, Leiston, Bury, Hornchurch, Carshalton and East Thurrock away for work reasons, but that still leaves two unaccounted for. Hmmm. Pleased I tripled on Margate - the two visits there were pretty much highlights of the season for me.

Back
Top Bottom