Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet fans discuss how to bring the joy back to Champion Hill

I enjoyed it yesterday, just needed to change the routine a bit - arrive 30 mins earlier, prearrange where to stand with mates, buy a couple of pints before ko, find a spot with a decent view and stay there for the rest of the match.

First time in a long time we've had a settled team, it shows on the pitch, and should help with making a better connection between the players and supporters.

It would be great have some player content on our social/video channels, would love to hear from our captain after the game, or in the build up.

Those excellent panini graphics that the social team did this week could easily turn into more of a player profile type thing. Could even do written answers to the old school 'favourite food / what car do you drive / what do you listen to in the dressing room / memorable goal' etc if video is too tricky to sort.

In TO there was a pleasantly boisterous crowd who i thought seemed keen to get involved but didn't know what to sing, didn't know the player names etc. Point them in the right direction and the atmosphere will continue to get better.

I enjoyed it yesterday, just needed to change the routine a bit - arrive 30 mins earlier, prearrange where to stand with mates, buy a couple of pints before ko, find a spot with a decent view and stay there for the rest of the match.

First time in a long time we've had a settled team, it shows on the pitch, and should help with making a better connection between the players and supporters.

It would be great have some player content on our social/video channels, would love to hear from our captain after the game, or in the build up.

Those excellent panini graphics that the social team did this week could easily turn into more of a player profile type thing. Could even do written answers to the old school 'favourite food / what car do you drive / what do you listen to in the dressing room / memorable goal' etc if video is too tricky to sort.

In TO there was a pleasantly boisterous crowd who i thought seemed keen to get involved but didn't know what to sing, didn't know the player names etc. Point them in the right direction and the atmosphere will continue to get better.

In terms of not knowing what to sing, surely it's better for any groups of newer fans to make their own songs? Not that we shouldn't teach them Edgar Kail In My Heart for example but the more they sing their own songs or have their own match day routines then the more it's their club too which can only be a good thing, providing we self police enough to prevent any gammonati.

Last edited:
I didnt go yesterday, but with the crowd apparently a similar number as the Billericay game, how was the basics of been able to get a pint or have a piss? Any improvement?

I didnt go yesterday, but with the crowd apparently a similar number as the Billericay game, how was the basics of been able to get a pint or have a piss? Any improvement?
The new fans next to me took 25 mins to have a piss and about 20 mins to get a beer. They weren't impressed (although they enjoyed the football).

For the first time, all my photos were taken from the same place as I daren't move away for fear of losing a decent vantage point.

I thought the crowd noise was pretty good all round but I guess the excellent performance on the pitch helped.

The new fans next to me took 25 mins to have a piss and about 20 mins to get a beer. They weren't impressed (although they enjoyed the football).

For the first time, all my photos were taken from the same place as I daren't move away for fear of losing a decent vantage point.
That still too long, you'll miss too much of the game you have paid to see. I'll have to start doing BYOB.

Felt like I got the two extremes of the 'matchday experience' on Saturday.
Got there late (my own fault) and didn't want to miss any more of the game getting a pint in the first half, so waited (stupidly) until half time. My god the queues or even moving round the ground are an absolute nightmare! Definitely going to have to do some covert tinny action in future. My little queue-tour also gave an insight into how poor the view of the pitch is from some areas when it's rammed.
That being said, once I'd got back to behind the goal I thought the atmosphere was really good and I came away in a good mood. The football helped, of course.
I like the fact that little pockets of newbies are starting their own singing, or even coming up with new songs. Signs of health.

If the club continues to attract this level of support we need more space. 4,000 fans needs food, drink and toilets in every corner. It's not enough just to have a place to stand, all those people need room to move.

If the club continues to attract this level of support we need more space. 4,000 fans needs food, drink and toilets in every corner. It's not enough just to have a place to stand, all those people need room to move.
With the trajectory of current attendances, 4,000 is never going to be enough - and if we get promoted some teams will be bringing shitloads of away fans too.

Felt like I got the two extremes of the 'matchday experience' on Saturday.
Got there late (my own fault) and didn't want to miss any more of the game getting a pint in the first half, so waited (stupidly) until half time. My god the queues or even moving round the ground are an absolute nightmare! Definitely going to have to do some covert tinny action in future. My little queue-tour also gave an insight into how poor the view of the pitch is from some areas when it's rammed.
That being said, once I'd got back to behind the goal I thought the atmosphere was really good and I came away in a good mood. The football helped, of course.
I like the fact that little pockets of newbies are starting their own singing, or even coming up with new songs. Signs of health.
This page seems to be attracting a lot of hits recently but it really could do with being updated. Anyone fancy it?

This page seems to be attracting a lot of hits recently but it really could do with being updated. Anyone fancy it?

Can we recycle the Yellow Submarine chant for Jordan Green, he deserves a song after that cracker against Ebbsfleet. The goal looks even better from 2 different angles!

Also, Andrew Harris-Sealy is three names 👀 another cheeky recycle job to keep things simple?

Can we recycle the Yellow Submarine chant for Jordan Green, he deserves a song after that cracker against Ebbsfleet. The goal looks even better from 2 different angles!

Also, Andrew Harris-Sealy is three names 👀 another cheeky recycle job to keep things simple?

A lot of German clubs use "We're not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister. For AJ Harris Sealey the chorus could be reworked to...

AJ Harris Sealey
AJ Harris Sealey
Pass to Harris Sealey
And he'll score...

"The new stadium will have capacity for 4,000 fans with the potential to expand to accommodate 5,000 fans."
Way too small IMO. We will have exactly the same problems as we currently have. A minimum if 6,000 i think with an option for 8000/9000. This allows for more away fans (when segregated) and for Dulwich to still have a sufficient number of their own fans

Way too small IMO. We will have exactly the same problems as we currently have. A minimum if 6,000 i think with an option for 8000/9000. This allows for more away fans (when segregated) and for Dulwich to still have a sufficient number of their own fans
I agree with those numbers - but would be surprised if that's possible with the space we have and the planning restrictions in place, plus the fact that we have to rely on Meadow funding it. I can't help but feel we're going to end up with something that just isn't going to be adequate for the club's growing needs.

I agree with those numbers - but would be surprised if that's possible with the space we have and the planning restrictions in place, plus the fact that we have to rely on Meadow funding it. I can't help but feel we're going to end up with something that just isn't going to be adequate for the club's growing needs.
Developers have a long history of reneging and wriggling out of commitments once they get planning permission. I have zero faith in Meadow who are, and will always remain, a bunch of fucking shitheads.

Back
Top Bottom