Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dugin's daughter killed in car bomb attack

That's not what I'm getting at, I'm questioning if the "sources" are imaginary.
It's from CNN, they will have got this information from a reliable contact within the government: unattributable but real.

because as you're surely going to tell us there is no dissent in ukraine, no disagreements within elements of the state
What, like I'm now an entirely different poster than the one who, in response to trite chatter about 'the Ukrainian people' and so on, has consistently pointed out that there is no 'the Ukrainian people', and that Ukrainian society is, when it comes down to it, as fragmented as any other, it's population just as subject to all sorts of manipulation?

That includes elements of the state, where, inevitably, small numbers of pro-Russians will still be lurking.

What, like I'm now an entirely different poster than the one who, in response to trite chatter about 'the Ukrainian people' and so on, has consistently pointed out that there is no 'the Ukrainian people', and that Ukrainian society is, when it comes down to it, as fragmented as any other, it's population just as subject to all sorts of manipulation?

That includes elements of the state, where, inevitably, small numbers of pro-Russians will still be lurking.
this is the sort of bilge george walker bush was pilloried for saying - you're either with us or you're against us. only here, if you're not the right sort of ukrainian you're pro-russian. it's the sort of thing rebel warrior would have been ashamed to publish beside his name. if i thought you had the wherewithal to correct it i'd ask you to return to the drawing board but there's no point, you'd be better off bashing your head against a brick wall.

this is the sort of bilge george walker bush was pilloried for saying - you're either with us or you're against us. only here, if you're not the right sort of ukrainian you're pro-russian. it's the sort of thing rebel warrior would have been ashamed to publish beside his name. if i thought you had the wherewithal to correct it i'd ask you to return to the drawing board but there's no point, you'd be better off bashing your head against a brick wall.
Sorry, can't really tell what you're on about.

Dinner-time sesh for the library staff?

It's from CNN, they will have got this information from a reliable contact within the government: unattributable but real.
Right. So US intelligence isn't "coming out in public to blame the Ukrainians" at all, there is no evidence and no one will even put their name to it. It's worthless.

Sorry, can't really tell what you're on about.

Dinner-time sesh for the library staff?
if there's anyone here who's been on the sauce it's you with your bollocks about pro-russian elements in the ukrainian state blowing putin's allies up in moscow. you're away in cloud-cuckoo land

if there's anyone here who's been on the sauce it's you with your bollocks about pro-russian elements in the ukrainian state blowing putin's allies up in moscow. you're away in cloud-cuckoo land
It would be better if that's what I'd actually said.

You're raving a bit today.

It's from the NY Times, just that their articles are behind paywalls and CNN's aren't! (Your point still stands tho)

So the options/questions would be:
1. It's true = why would Ukraine (or "elements" in Ukraine) do this?
2. It's not true and invented by "sources" in US intelligence feeding info to NYT = why would US intelligence invent this story and publicise it?
3. It's not true and the NYT invented the story = why would NYT invent the story?

It's from the NY Times, just that their articles are behind paywalls and CNN's aren't! (Your point still stands tho)

So the options/questions would be:
1. It's true = why would Ukraine (or "elements" in Ukraine) do this?
2. It's not true and invented by "sources" in US intelligence feeding info to NYT = why would US intelligence invent this story and publicise it?
3. It's not true and the NYT invented the story = why would NYT invent the story?

The NYT has always made a big thing about how rigorously they verify their facts, so they are unlikely to make a mistake on something as controversial as this. As to the other two, being able to kill Dougin or even his daughter, so dramatically Moscow helps destabilise the regime; and the Americans may want to make it clear that their support is conditional.

Urban is such a reassuring place. Not only can we rest easy in that Russia's nuclear weapons can't possibly work, but any idea that Ukraine might have embarked on the risky business of offing Russians on Russian soil has also now been put to bed. Thank fuck for so many posters who are experts in these fields.

I'm awaiting the startling revelations that the NYT has been taken over by Putinbots. Watch this space.

Urban is such a reassuring place. Not only can we rest easy in that Russia's nuclear weapons can't possibly work, but any idea that Ukraine might have embarked on the risky business of offing Russians on Russian soil has also now been put to bed. Thank fuck for so many posters who are experts in these fields.

I'm awaiting the startling revelations that the NYT has been taken over by Putinbots. Watch this space.
No one is saying Ukraine absolutely did not do it. Calm down.

No one is saying Ukraine absolutely did not do it. Calm down.
Never said they were. I just said I admire the expertise of some posters. Surely some of them are infiltrating Russia on a regular basis to gain such a profound knowledge of its military infrastructure and ongoing motivations.

Pro-war blogger killed in St Petersburg

Russian pro-war military blogger killed in blast at St Petersburg cafe

“We’ll conquer everyone, we’ll kill everyone, we’ll loot whoever we need to, and everything will be just as we like it,” Tatarsky said in a video message recorded at the ceremony.

Seems like a regular kind of guy.
Bomb in a statue given to him at s ceremony held in the cafe.
So ... it blew up after he made that speech.
Nce work whoever did it.

Back
Top Bottom