Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dropped ready mixed tile grout on floor, carton burst, cant throw it in bin

it's unibond ready mixed anti mould grout, will it contain cement, cos wet cement is the thing that cannot be thrown in the bin

I want to store it till it sets, i just dunno where to store it, cos if I store it inside my flat it will cause condensation and Im alreeady worried about rot as it is from showeringn in a shower for years with broken grout.

Just leave it outside somewhere. Anywhere.

Cover it with a blanket if you're worried about condensate.

I want to store it till it sets, i just dunno where to store it, cos if I store it inside my flat it will cause condensation and Im alreeady worried about rot as it is from showeringn in a shower for years with broken grout.
Jesus Pete. Every one has at least one loo in their home. A loo is essentially a big pot of water, permenantly evaporating.

And some people have fish tanks and vases of flowers and even *gasp* swimming pools. Water vapour is part of the air around you. Having open containers won't make one fucking iota of difference, and if you thought about the world you live in, rather than seizing upon another fear, you'd know that.

Jesus Pete. Every one has at least one loo in their home. A loo is essentially a big pot of water, permenantly evaporating.

And some people have fish tanks and vases of flowers and even *gasp* swimming pools. Water vapour is part of the air around you. Having open containers won't make one fucking iota of difference, and if you thought about the world you live in, rather than seizing upon another fear, you'd know that.
I'll go downstairs and bring the bottles back in and hope they set in the living room, cos I wil have the heating on.

I've brought them in the living room, left the tops off the milk cartons and the bucket with the sludge in, and put a towel over them. I put them near the radiator.

Two years ago, I had cowboy plasterers in and I think they emptied gypsum bonding water down my toilet cos ever since it hasnt flushed very well, and I am worried that they have partially blocked the pipes. I am trying to appease my worry by telling myself that I don't know for a fact that they did that, but they were too lazy to go up and down the four flights of stairs to empty the buckets of plaster water, and I was out when they were doing the work.

I've brought them in the living room, left the tops off the milk cartons and the bucket with the sludge in, and put a towel over them. I put them near the radiator.

Two years ago, I had cowboy plasterers in and I think they emptied gypsum bonding water down my toilet cos ever since it hasnt flushed very well, and I am worried that they have partially blocked the pipes. I am trying to appease my worry by telling myself that I don't know for a fact that they did that, but they were too lazy to go up and down the four flights of stairs to empty the buckets of plaster water, and I was out when they were doing the work.
Unless they put it in the cistern, which they didn't, it shouldn't effect your flush.

Unless they put it in the cistern, which they didn't, it shouldn't effect your flush.
As i live on the top floor of a block of flats, I have a feeling they put it down the loo and blocked the waste pipe.
They used my hoover when i told them not to

I could bring it back inside it will be warmer and cover it with a towel, but won't any condensate soak through the towel?

No. Towels are designed and built to soak up and hold moisture.

Put two towels ove it. Out three or four towels over if, if it makes you feel any better.

As i live on the top floor of a block of flats, I have a feeling they put it down the loo and blocked the waste pipe.
They used my hoover when i told them not to
But the waste pipe from the loo is huuuuge. And if it was blocked, your loo would be backing up. A weak flush is symptomatic of a problem in the cistern or the supply to the cistern. But sometimes loos and the flush deteriorate.

If the cowboy plasterers put the plaster water down the sink or down the loo, as I live on the top floor, how will I know if the pipes are partially blocked, or should i just forget about it as I don't know, I just cannot imagine them running up and down four flights of stairs with buckets of water, cos they were too lazy.

No. Towels are designed and built to soak up and hold moisture.

Put two towels ove it. Out three or four towels over if, if it makes you feel any better.
I've just got one towel over it, will the heat from the radiator cause a chemical reaction, or damage my health by inhalation of the fumes?

If the cowboy plasterers put the plaster water down the sink or down the loo, as I live on the top floor, how will I know if the pipes are partially blocked, or should i just forget about it as I don't know, I just cannot imagine them running up and down four flights of stairs with buckets of water, cos they were too lazy.

If your outlet pipes or waste pipes were blocked they wouldn't have drained since the tradesmen came.

Pete, stop. These fears are fake. YOU are manufacturing them and at some level you are getting something from it (feeling helpless is familiar and fits with your sense of self?).

But you have choices. You aren't stupid. Think.

Ok - you've said you have the ability to watch self help vids on YouTube. I want you to search for and watch as many "critical thinking" videos as you can find. It will challenge you, which you won't like, but if you aren't prepared to be challenged then no one here can help you. Critical Thinking. It can be your new obsession. Use that intelligence to work FOR you.

I've got the tile adhesive milky mix in my living room and the bucket of sludge, i have a towel over them, when the sediment has settled to the bottom, I will pour out the water and bin the cartons and bucket with the solid matter in them.

It's been TWO YEARS.

Launch the tile adhesive in the bin. And go and see your GP. This obsessing about nothing (and it is nothing) is your anxiety and nothing else.

It's been TWO YEARS.

Launch the tile adhesive in the bin. And go and see your GP. This obsessing about nothing (and it is nothing) is your anxiety and nothing else.
I'm currently working through an anxiety workbook that plumdaff posted on my other thread. I hope it helps me. I have created a thread in the nobbing and sobbing section for any questions I need help with as I work through the workbook. It has nine modules to work through. I'm upto page 6 but I am going to bed now as it is late.

Back
Top Bottom