Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Double glazing mega fail

Or you could just call your local window fitters to get a new double glazed pannel fitted to the window, if you're happy with the rest of the window
Indeed I had a damaged panel some time ago and it was replaced with minimum drama.

Yeah all sealed units do it eventually, it's just water ingress in between the panes. New sealed unit, shouldn't cost more than £40 fitted. We bough a house with a shit conservatory on the south face, it's useless because for 8 months it's too cold and for 3 months it's too hot and when it's too hot at least two of the sealed units do this. Have given up replacing them, fuck it, it's just where we put all our crap anyway

Ok so here is a weird update.

IMG_20200425_105110.jpg

Water got a bit higher. I tried banging and shaking the window a few times before lockdown, but nothing would shift it. According to the internet the sylica gel crystals (or whatever they are) were spent.
I put up a new wardrobe in the bedroom, and being sick of looking at the window knowing there was sod all I could do about it, I put some of the Styrofoam style packing against the window.

IMG_20200512_202310.jpg

Tomorrow is bin day so I am smashing up the rest of the packing to put into bin bags but when I take the bit down that was by the window, all the water has gone in just a couple of days.

IMG_20200512_202343.jpg
Still grubby on the inside though obviously.

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_202343.jpg
    IMG_20200512_202343.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom