Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weltweit

A character probably much more significant in his own mind.

So far Trump has endeared himself to Mexicans who he described as rapists.

He has lost his Apprentice program as a result and the Mexican Miss Universe candidate has pulled out of his beauty competition.

Now he is being reported as attacking Senator John McCain over his war record, Trump said he prefers war heroes who were not captured! wtf. Examination of Trumps own situation reveals:

Mr Trump, 69, avoided serving in Vietnam, receiving four student deferments from military service between 1964 and 1968.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...McCain-I-like-people-who-werent-captured.html

So while McCain was brave enough to actually go to Vietnam, Trump was not.

There cannot be any chance that Trump even wins the Republican nomination is there?

Oh and I forgot, that Mexican drug lord who just escaped from prison has promised revenge on Trump for his anti Mexican statements. If you are going to make enemies I would have thought such particular properly violent and murderous enemies are to be avoided.

Oh and I forgot, that Mexican drug lord who just escaped from prison has promised revenge on Trump for his anti Mexican statements. If you are going to make enemies I would have thought such particular properly violent and murderous enemies are to be avoided.

Well McCain is bad enough . Although he never managed to escape from his rickety cage . But yeah. Guzman is a serious enemy to make . Really not good that .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...McCain-I-like-people-who-werent-captured.html

So while McCain was brave enough to actually go to Vietnam, Trump was not.

?

I think we need to define " brave " in the context of flying a high altitude bomber while dropping tonnes of high explosives on houses with straw roofs . In the armed forces of a superpower versus a deeply impoverished third world country . I'll concede though it did involve a scintilla of risk . Evidenced by the dirty war criminal getting himself caught .

However I can remember fellow draft dodger George Bush pulling the exact same stunt with decorated war criminal John Kerry and it hurt his election chances not a bit .

Remember...George bush got elected . Twice . This scares me . If that can happen Trump can get elected too . As much as I want to laugh I'm also mildly uneasy . Unlike many politicians everyone has known for years who trump is and that hes a complete cunt and a mentalist . For him to be ahead is not a good thing . Not that the alternatives are much comfort .

I think we need to define " brave " in the context of flying a high altitude bomber while dropping tonnes of high explosives on houses with straw roofs . In the armed forces of a superpower versus a deeply impoverished third world country . I'll concede though it did involve a scintilla of risk . Evidenced by the dirty war criminal getting himself caught .
So McCain was a bomber pilot? I didn't know what he did in Vietnam.

However I can remember fellow draft dodger George Bush pulling the exact same stunt with decorated war criminal John Kerry and it hurt his election chances not a bit .
Indeed Bush junior managed to avoid service also, that's right .. and still got elected - while Bush senior served IIRC

Remember...George bush got elected . Twice . This scares me . If that can happen Trump can get elected too . As much as I want to laugh I'm also mildly uneasy . Unlike many politicians everyone has known for years who trump is and that hes a complete cunt and a mentalist . For him to be ahead is not a good thing . Not that the alternatives are much comfort .
It is that Trump lacks judgement for me, also that he is an idiot. I did like his statement on jobs though but I think a lot of business people fail when they go into politics, not exactly sure why.

It shouldnt be forgotten either what Bush did to McCain in 2000, pushing all manner of dirt his way - that he had an illegitimate black child, that his wife was a drug addict, that he had been turned into some form of Manchurian candidate by his time as a POW. I suppose at least Trump was honest enough to say it himself.

He was a Navy pilot, flying Skyhawks off various carriers. He was also one of the people who had a lucky escape in the USS Forrestal disaster, fwiw.

There's a rumour he might have caused it . He had a reputation for fuck ups . Quite a few in his background . A number of crashes and even hitting electrical cables while showing off and trying to fly under them . Couldn't even eject from his plane properly either .

Apparently on the forestal his planes fuel tank was hit when the guy behind loosed off a missile by mistake and that's what caused the fire. Some think that happened because McCain was bollocking about with his engines and startled the pilot behind him. He seemed to have an amazing run of bad luck for a pilot , being central to all these accidents . However with a father and a grandfather both navy admirals he didn't get his wings clipped . Not until he met the Vietnamese communists .

Wesley Clarke was saying the same thing about McCain as Trump years ago . So trump seems to have plagiarised him .

The only brownie point I'll concede to Trump in all of this is when questioned about his failure to make an appearance in Vietnam he says he was personally opposed to the war . That's not actually a bad thing . Although I suspect he was equally opposed on moral grounds to getting himself hurt . Again not a bad thing in itself . But the rest of his cuntiness far outweighs that and renders it moot .

There's a rumour he might have caused it . He had a reputation for fuck ups . Quite a few in his background . A number of crashes and even hitting electrical cables while showing off and trying to fly under them . Couldn't even eject from his plane properly either .

Apparently on the forestal his planes fuel tank was hit when the guy behind loosed off a missile by mistake and that's what caused the fire. Some think that happened because McCain was bollocking about with his engines and startled the pilot behind him. He seemed to have an amazing run of bad luck for a pilot , being central to all these accidents . However with a father and a grandfather both navy admirals he didn't get his wings clipped . Not until he met the Vietnamese communists .

Wesley Clarke was saying the same thing about McCain as Trump years ago . So trump seems to have plagiarised him .

The only brownie point I'll concede to Trump in all of this is when questioned about his failure to make an appearance in Vietnam he says he was personally opposed to the war . That's not actually a bad thing . Although I suspect he was equally opposed on moral grounds to getting himself hurt . Again not a bad thing in itself . But the rest of his cuntiness far outweighs that and renders it moot .

He was definately unlucky and a bit of a character, but blaming him for that is probably something else that was started back in 2000 - he was one of the two people on that carrier (the other being the pilot whose plane was hit) who couldnt have been responsible for it.

As for Wesley Clark, lets not forget this.

He was definately unlucky and a bit of a character, but blaming him for that is probably something else that was started back in 2000 - he was one of the two people on that carrier (the other being the pilot whose plane was hit) who couldnt have been responsible for it.

As for Wesley Clark, lets not forget this.

It's just linking to the wiki page . What specifically has that asshole done to draw your ire ?

It's just linking to the wiki page . What specifically has that asshole done to draw your ire ?

That specific bit of the wiki article should enlighten you; basically he once ordered British troops under his command to attack some Russians who had occupied Pristina airport. They told him to get lost, fortunately.

That specific bit of the wiki article should enlighten you; basically he once ordered British troops under his command to attack some Russians who had occupied Pristina airport. They told him to get lost, fortunately.

I'd forgotten about that .

So...Donald trump...talks a lot of racist shit

Wesley Clarke ...almost caused armaggedon .

Damn hard to make a choice in American politics

Isn't the point of Trump's candicy to make the other fruitcake republican candidates look less fucking nutty and spiteful in comparison?

Isn't the point of Trump's candicy to make the other fruitcake republican candidates look less fucking nutty and spiteful in comparison?
Perhaps that might have been the devious intention of some of the people who encouraged him, but for him I think his ego is so big he really thinks he can do it.

Is it just me or has Guzman not really helped mexicos cause here ?

I mean...he's actualy pissed off because Trump has accused Mexicans of being dangerous criminals ? That's like trump getting pissed off because someone accused yanks of having ridiculous hair . The pair of them have the same level of self awareness .

Last edited:

I think its more that he has looked at the rest of the field, looks at how the other nutty and spiteful candidates are comparing against the vaguely human ones, and thinks he can win

enten-datalab-christie.png

... and as daft as it sounds, he might not be wrong.

Trumpy is too smart and tub thumping for his own good. I am not convinced the mericans are entrirrely confortable with brash multi billionare businessmen standing for president- Trumpo exudes none of the homely simplicism that has been a mainstay of succesful republicans.Trump has no chance I think. I would like to see him spunk all of his fortune on a failed campaign obviously( but thats hardly going to happen).

Trumpy is too smart and tub thumping for his own good. I am not convinced the mericans are entrirrely confortable with brash multi billionare businessmen standing for president- Trumpo exudes none of the homely simplicism that has been a mainstay of succesful republicans.Trump has no chance I think. I would like to see him spunk all of his fortune on a failed campaign obviously( but thats hardly going to happen).

That is just a trope though, and a less important one than the "tells it like it is" and "not a Washington insider" ones.

The idea of him being the candidate is absurd, but you look at the rest of that field and it isnt that absurd.

lets see - I dont think it can entirely dismissed as a trope - the US election invariably boils down to some utterly facile perceptions at the box ( not to slag the US electorate) .I think trump has less chance of winning a pres election that Bush- and I really dont want to see the Bush clan presidential machinery ratcheting up for Jeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom