Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doing London things you've never done

I have decided to never go to Cockfosters because I don't want it to lose its mystery.
There's fuck all there except a (very pretty art deco) tube station and some posh houses (footballers and a Daily Mail columnist)

Lived in London all my life, never seen the mousetrap. Tonight that changes. What London thing did it take you years to get round to doing?
Born and lived there for 40 years and never once visited the Tower of London.

I have been to every London Borough for work purposes. Not many people can say they've achieved that.

Realise neither of these things are an answer to your question.

I've never visited Boston Manor House and Park, despite spending half my life living one tube stop away. It's just been revamped so I'd like to go this Spring once it reopens. I have a feudally link as my great grandparents were tenants on a farm owned by the lords of the manor, the Clithrowe family.

Born and lived there for 40 years and never once visited the Tower of London.

I have been to every London Borough for work purposes. Not many people can say they've achieved that.

Realise neither of these things are an answer to your question.
How many boroughs are there?

hmm

must be quite a few touristy things i've never done - never been in the bits of buckingham palace or the houses of parliament that the plebs are occasionally allowed round, or madame tussauds, tate gallery, st pauls or westminster abbey, never done an open top bus tour, not done the london eye but did to the one in greenwich park a few years back. have not done afternoon tea anywhere fancy. didn't do the millennium dome when it was open and haven't been there since.

have never been in harrods or gone to trooping of the colour or anything like that. i did see the queen from dad's office window in holborn when the (1977) jubilee drive-pasts were happening but other than that, i haven't gone anywhere to see royalty.

ugh to the idea of jellied eels.

i have been to the tower (school visit from primary school, so some time ago) and i walked along downing street when you were still allowed to.

i must have crossed the thames by each railway, road or pedestrian bridge or tunnel (apart from the tower subway which you're not allowed in any more) from dartford to at least hammersmith, but i don't want to do the cable car thingy across the river. the only boat i've done is the woolwich ferry - i keep thinking about doing a longer boat ride along the river but haven't quite got round to it yet.

also don't think i've ever been to cockfosters (i'm not sure that counts as a 'must do' on many peoples' list though) but i'm not sure i'd remember it if i had...

I've never been in Harrods, seen The Trooping of the Colour or eaten pie and mash.
And so it shall remain.
I like pie and mash
or two pie n'mash or pie n'double mash or three pie and double mash. All of course with plenty of licker/liquour which is a parsley gravy. I don't know what it is now but it used to be a substantial and inexpensive meal.

Back
Top Bottom