Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Does anyone work in the Civil Service?

RubyBlue

faded and jaded
Just wondering about opinions. I don’t (I used to many years ago) but I work for an ‘arms length body’ who have absolutely no choice but to work from home (although we have had a hybrid system since forever) ~ we have departed our office and are now contractually working from home.

Given some sections of the CS are partly wfh and Jacob Rees Mogg’s rants ~ I just wondered what the feeling ~ if any ~ was.

The right wing press seem to be going to town, as expected, but how is it really?

Personally, I prefer our original hybrid way ~ I used to do 2 days at home and 3 in the office, and we had a lovely office in Central London, however, the Government have asked all ALBs to relocate outside London by 2025. That doesn’t apply to my organisation as we are at home and spread all over the UK.

I'm on a career break just now., current plan is not to go back My department is on 2 days out of 5 but not many people seem t be actually doing this just now. The problem Mogg and the cabinet of Spivs have is on the one hand they want to get civil servants back in the office to keep their shares in Pret up and help their property owning donors; but pre -Covid the strategy being worked up was to reduce the London estate from c 200 buildings to about 20 large hubs which would have meant going for hybrid working. They haven't managed to square that circle yet.

Most people I talk to still seem to be doing mostly what they want. I.e some are going in full time, some are going in once a month and most one or two days a week. Other departments may differ.

I'm on a career break just now., current plan is not to go back My department is on 2 days out of 5 but not many people seem t be actually doing this just now. The problem Mogg and the cabinet of Spivs have is on the one hand they want to get civil servants back in the office to keep their shares in Pret up and help their property owning donors; but pre -Covid the strategy being worked up was to reduce the London estate from c 200 buildings to about 20 large hubs which would have meant going for hybrid working. They haven't managed to square that circle yet.

Most people I talk to still seem to be doing mostly what they want. I.e some are going in full time, some are going in once a month and most one or two days a week. Other departments may differ.
Sort of what I thought. I loved our hybrid working but now ~ I guess we’re still working through this odd restructure ~ I’m not too bothered but the general feeling is not good.

Back
Top Bottom