Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you capitalise areas of the UK, i.e. North East England?

FaradayCaged

I like pancakes, do you like pancakes?
Was not sure where to post this, but seeing as it is so I know how to correctly state it in an essay, I thought I would post it here.

Im pretty sure you do not capitalise but my mate seems to think you do. So, would it be North East England or just simply north east England?

Ta :)

I'ld tend to use capitals when describing the region as an entity, when comparing / contrasting it with something else.

Was not sure where to post this, but seeing as it is so I know how to correctly state it in an essay, I thought I would post it here.

Im pretty sure you do not capitalise but my mate seems to think you do. So, would it be North East England or just simply north east England?

I thought from the thread title it was a politics thread about another mad Tory plan.

If it's a region but not a province and you're giving the name of the country then you don't capitalise the region - it's northeast England, or the Northeast.

If you're writing for a publication or a client, look to see what they do and do that :)

There's no right answer.

I use as few capitals as possible, given the choice.

Now: is it north east England or north-east England ? :)

Back
Top Bottom