• No, its past that era - move on odds

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Possibly, maybe if I leave my white gloves at home

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • More tea vicar :o)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
foo said:
god, i know it's bad to be nostalgic but oh boy, those late night convoys through the countryside were so :cool: <spine tingles>

:( @ being a 14/15 year old indie kid when all this was going on....

foo said:
that's how i remember it too.

god, i know it's bad to be nostalgic but oh boy, those late night convoys through the countryside were so :cool: <spine tingles>

And the pills were far better.

:cool:

i know i'm soft, but coming from a blues/dancehall background, i remember the amazing feeling of seeing black and white people raving together.

it was a completely new thing for me, and bloody wonderful at the time. :):)

old skool memories

honestly you lot - this thread starts with 'anyone want to go to an old skool night' and finally ends up at 'an hour of quality old skool would go down a treat at unsound'. then i remember - my mate said someone was playing some hardcore at the last one before acoustic ladyland came on - i check the flyer and sure enough, switch was doing a 92 set. judging by yer memories i think you had quite enough old skool the first time round :rolleyes:

Up'n'coming events.... (scuse the picture sizes)

moondance06.gif

Touching down on Good Friday 14th April 2006 from we are proud to present a landmark event in dance music history.....

DANCE ENERGY
@ ElectroWerkz,
7 Torrens St, Angel, London EC1V
10pm-6am

Room 1: 100% Hardcore Breaks

DJ's...

Enzyme B2B Malice
Slipmatt B2B Squirrel
Luna-C B2B Kingsize
Distortionz B2B ED 209
Glenn Aston B2B Pilgrim
Snypa B2B Stu Chapman
Flashback B2B Nebula II
Dekoy B2B Jack The Tripper

MC's...

NINO (AKA MC Juice) of Production House, House Crew and Baby D fame
Strict
Ken Mac
3Flow

Room 2: Underground Old Skool Hardcore (no anthems allowed!!)

DJ's...

Basement Phil (90 minute Basement classics set!)
Demolition Cru B2B DJ TC
Niki Dimensions, Swifty B and DJ Lock-Up
Flipside B2B ESP
Reckless B2B Kapiche
Abo B2B Eyeski
Running Man B2B DJ Lien

Tickets will be £8 in advance through www.ticketweb.co.uk. On the door £10 before 11pm and £12 thereafter. Please note, we strongly recommend you get your tickets early to avoid dissapointment!

The Hardcore Breaks scene has been gaining strength over the past few years and we believe the time has come to give you the world's first all night rave dedicated to the music.

See you on the 14th

maydayapril29th2006poster9ox.jpg

will look for more....

I found a few recordings of sets that were played at the old school night I used to co-promote when I was up at Uni, I'll upload them onto mixdepot and post up the links this weekend - they've got all the classics on them and if you don't mind the fact that they were recorded at a rave and therefore have a couple of MCs they make for a good listen.

At the moment I've found Ratty, Phantasy, Sy and Aphrodite (doing an original jungle set), although somewhere I've got Ellis D, Slipmatt, Altern-8, Top Buzz, Jumping Jack Frost and a few others. Ratpack were the only ones that we didn't get having demanded the DAT when they saw that their set was recorded....couldn't really have cared less seeing as they play pretty much the same set every time but we'd done a tearing warm up for them which was also on the DAT that they pocketed. Grrrrr.

So in answer to the thread, old school nights, they're great.

So here are those mixes, all live at History Of Dance, Newcastle.

DJ Ratty

This one starts with the last 15 minutes of our 2 hour warm up set and having got faster and faster throughout, joins proceedings during some pitched up piano-led breakbeat. Leamington Spa legend Ratty slows things down a bit with a classic 2 Bad Mice intro.

DJ Phantasy

Listening to this set is slightly tarnished by the memory of Phantasy being kind enough to lend me his extremely expensive headphones for the warm up, having promised I'd take special care of them, only for them to get snagged behind my ear :confused: and inexplicably snap in two as I prepared to hand over. He played with one earpiece dangling by its wire with a pronounced frown and I donated my fee. :oops:

DJ Sy

Scratchmaster Sy passes through and tears it up over relentless anthems. No nonsense rave. :cool:

More to come when I find them. :)

Back
Top Bottom