Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Possibly, maybe if I leave my white gloves at home

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • More tea vicar :o)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
milesy said:
i was NOT a goth :mad:

i was indie through my teens, and then started getting into ninja tune/mo wax/trip-hoppy type stuff in my early twenties and so missed out on all the cheesy quaver stuff.
I was an indie kid too :cool:

Though I have to admit I listened to Happy Hardcore and jungle from about 11 :oops:

I wanted to be like Justine Frischmann then I heard James Lavelle and it went on from there…..

We’re not the same age are we Milesy?? :eek::p

I didn't ever have a whistle (apart from at Carnival) or white gloves either, although I do remember someone sticking Vicks underneath my eyes on at least a couple of occasions. Never quite got that either - why the hell would I need to make my eyes look bigger and water more?
:confused:

If it's chipmunk soul vocals and one-paced beats then it's not for me. And, as much as I enjoyed the early harcore/jungle stuff the first time around, I'd still rather hear something new 90% of the time.

Monkeygrinder's Organ said:
You claiming to have been having it in Detroit and Chicago in '85 then?

Cos I reckon you weren't. :p
That was me! Hanging out layin' da grooves with Del and Tel...'Time To Jack' and shit! :)

Unix Tottie said:
Yes odds, yes I would as long as it wasn't 'happy hardcore', something along the lines of this would be good:

blast from the past

Unfortunately my daughter and friend went so thought it best I stay away, still she said they stuck out like sore thumbs for being the youngest in there at age 22 :)

Oh Eclipse, smart :cool:

I went to one of their New Years Eve do's about 13 years ago. :cool:

if yer interested in a non commercial old skool night that plays new music, check out the rag and bone records nights - couple of old hardcore djs record label - they play electro, breaks, dubstep, dnb and some old skool but it's all got some of that hardcore flavour. they did one down the redstar last sat, next one in a couple of months....

foo said:
was it?

are you sure? :confused:

listen to We are IE Lennis De Ice - i'm sure thats not hardcore.

ah, i dunno.

i just know what i like. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was known as hardcore, for the noises in it and the dubby breaks... back in 91/92...

Been listening to a load of my old pirate tapes whilst working - I have to say there's a load of old shit in there with the beautiful stuff - but I guess at the time if it had a beat it didn't matter, nowadays it does... but there's still some wicked stuff like Doc Scott and the like and you just swoon...

Congress "40 Miles" just came on - and an old tape I had on earlier was advertising Biology raves - in 1989...!

Have to stick a "best of original pirate" compilation on CD one day...

I'd rather go to a yee olde Indie night - with the stuff we use to dance to back in the early 90s - a bit of PWEI, Carter, Levellers, Neds Atomic Dustbins, Mudhoney, etc.

milesy said:
you're hard work sometimes, you really are :rolleyes: ;)

and yet you love me still.

what a thoroughly nice chap you are. :)

see you friday mister :cool:

(oh, unix just sent me some pics i hadnt' seen from yours and tanky's wedding)

Awww!! :) xxxx

boohoo said:
I'd rather go to a yee olde Indie night - with the stuff we use to dance to back in the early 90s - a bit of PWEI, Carter, Levellers, Neds Atomic Dustbins, Mudhoney, etc.

Indie??

fuckin Indie?!

get thee gone from this thread boohoo! :mad:

;)

pk said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was known as hardcore, for the noises in it and the dubby breaks... back in 91/92... .

oh ok. :)

very different to what people call hardcore these days though isn't it?

I sent a pm to a sus asking if Unsound would be interested in doing an old skool night or possibly having a room one night for it.

Hope he dosnt think I was being rude, just an idea :oops: :cool:

Might not be their cuppa ........

boohoo said:
Hey! Boohoo is teh C:cool::cool:L.

:D

foo said:
oh ok. :)

very different to what people call hardcore these days though isn't it?

Yeah, I guess - but at the time it was that kind of thing and the early Prodigy sound, or more traditional house music - also lots of shite vocal house (peace in what fucking valley?) when people wanted the harder sounds and everything all chopped up, especially out clubbing.

It was the seed that grew into jungle, then drum and bass...

Have to say, one of my all time favourites

Patti Day - Right Before Eyes

and whoever attempted to re-do it recently slaughtered it, makes ya mad I tell thee. :mad:

pk said:
Yeah, I guess - but at the time it was that kind of thing and the early Prodigy sound, or more traditional house music - also lots of shite vocal house (peace in what fucking valley?) when people wanted the harder sounds and everything all chopped up, especially out clubbing.

It was the seed that grew into jungle,
then drum and base...

that's how i remember it too.

god, i know it's bad to be nostalgic but oh boy, those late night convoys through the countryside were so :cool: <spine tingles>

dannyb said:
if yer interested in a non commercial old skool night that plays new music, check out the rag and bone records nights - couple of old hardcore djs record label - they play electro, breaks, dubstep, dnb and some old skool but it's all got some of that hardcore flavour. they did one down the redstar last sat, next one in a couple of months....

thanks dannyb, unix and i will keep an eye out for one of these nights :)

Back
Top Bottom