Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DJ Derek is missing

I had no idea about this event and not been to this venue for about 4 years. It was just extremely fortunate that on my way back from eating out with a work friend, I decided to take her to Stokescroft as she was hoping for some reggae to dance to and was not familiar with this part of Bristol. So it worked out better then we could of ever imagined.

Really good music. DJ's were Queen Bee, Papa Moomin and Don Letts of course.

There was a very definite older turn-out, folk in their 50's 60's and 70's- people who would of known Derek from the Star and Garter back in the day. However we were in the minority and it was mostly 20 something students who didn't have a clue who DJ Derek or Don Letts were.

Last edited:
I had no idea about this event and not been to this venue for about 4 years. It was just extremely fortunate that on my way back from eating out with a work friend, I decided to take her to Stokescroft as she was hoping for some reggae to dance to and was not familiar with this part of Bristol. So it worked out better then we could of ever imagined.

Really good music. DJ's were Queen Bee, Papa Moomin and Don Letts of course.

There was a very definite der turn-out, folk in their 50's 60's and 70's- people who would of known Derek from the Star and Garter back in the day. However we were in the minority and it was mostly 20 something students who didn't have a clue who DJ Derek or Don Letts were.
That sounds excellent, your friend must have been well impressed. Hope you had a wonderful evening

I can't count the times I was at some place when DJ Derek played, I guess we all took it for granted that he'd turn up forever, with his fine record collection and inimitable style

Back
Top Bottom