Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DJ Derek is missing

Dying on your own in a wood by a shopping mall is a crap way to go for anyone, added to which he was a very interesting person.

I see the Farm at St Werbs is doing a tribute night I can't go to.

Those YouTube links are fascinating, and what a great obituary that is.

Really sad loss, it was clear before this latest news that he wasn't going to be found alive, but what a terrible shame.

Only ever went to two** DJ Derek gigs, but what fabulous tunes he selected.

**Actually three, but that's of precisely zero importance now :(

(Great tunes he picked though, each time) :) :cool:

Last edited:
derek.jpg

Dying on your own in a wood by a shopping mall is a crap way to go for anyone, added to which he was a very interesting person.
Think of it as like an old cat that goes out into the woods to die, natural instinct, still sad though. I'll always remember the good times I had with Derek spinning the tunes. R.I.P.

I saw a passing mention of a memorial event... Does anyone know more?

Eta: scratch that, I've just read the above article and I think it was the open funeral on 22nd I was thinking of

I have an acquaintance that lives a few doors up from no 1.

I wonder if the people at no 1 are new to Bristol?
I hope a new and better mural of Derek gets commissioned. Bristol City Council, or even better- the Merchant Venturers ought to pay for it.

Derek was a legend, a lovely guy and provided imo an important service.

I have an acquaintance that lives a few doors up from no 1.

I wonder if the people at no 1 are new to Bristol?
I hope a new and better mural of Derek gets commissioned. Bristol City Council, or even better- the Merchant Venturers ought to pay for it.

Derek was a legend, a lovely guy and provided imo an important service.
Big one over by tesco now. I expect you've seen it already. I like it, like that they didn't make him look like a comic book thing.

Back
Top Bottom