Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dijon mustard

I don't have the budget for every single possible vinegar, (nor every single mustard for that matter!) but I think next time I can afford to I will go for red wine vinegar. I currently have malt, white wine, rice, and balsamic. (And white spirit vinegar for cleaning).

I think I can manage another one in the budget as they are all on rotation and I don't need to buy all at once, but more than 5 seems excessive given that I am on a very tight budget - I think I'll go with red wine vinegar.

I don't have the budget for every single possible vinegar, (nor every single mustard for that matter!) but I think next time I can afford to I will go for red wine vinegar. I currently have malt, white wine, rice, and balsamic. (And white spirit vinegar for cleaning).

I think I can manage another one in the budget as they are all on rotation and I don't need to buy all at once, but more than 5 seems excessive given that I am on a very tight budget - I think I'll go with red wine vinegar.

If you are wine drinker and ever don't finish a bottle, you can use slightly stale wine to make vinaigrette, instead of vinegar.

My French aunt does it - she taught me to use twice the amount of wine as you would have used of vinegar, and it's fab. Works with white or red. Have never tried rose but probably would work too.

If you are wine drinker and ever don't finish a bottle, you can use slightly stale wine to make vinaigrette, instead of vinegar.

My French aunt does it - she taught me to use twice the amount of wine as you would have used of vinegar, and it's fab. Works with white or red. Have never tried rose but probably would work too.

Does not compute :D

Best thing I learned in France when I was staying with internet friends there was to grate half a courgette into your pan of boiled spuds a few minutes before draining and adding butter, salt, and black pepper then mashing - fucking life-changing, and no-one here seems to know about it!

Best thing I learned in France when I was staying with internet friends there was to grate half a courgette into your pan of boiled spuds before draining and adding butter, salt, and black pepper then mashing - fucking life-changing, and no-one here seems to know about it!

Ooh I might try that, sounds good.

When you say half a courgette does that include the skin?

Ooh I might try that, sounds good.

When you say half a courgette does that include the skin?

Yes, I mean you get little green flecks in the mash but that is alright, if you don't want the green flecks then peel it by all means. Drain it all well (use a sieve or fine-holed colander to retain the grated courgette) because the courgette adds some moisture. But that is really good, and gives really delicious and great smooth texture mash.

Last edited:
Yes, I mean you get little green flecks in the mash but that is alright, if you don't want the green flecks then peel it by all means. Drain it all well (use a sieve or fine-holed colander to retain the grated courgette) because the courgette adds some moisture. But that is really good, and gives really delicious and great smooth texture mash.

Nice one cheers!

Back
Top Bottom